Giveaway: Apogee Jam for iPhone and iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thommie343

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I could totally use this everyday to record my band. It would be a great tool to use while just sitting at home playing guitar, to recording a whole performance or a pratice.

mkornder

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Teaching my daughter

I use Symphony Pro connected to a Yamaha keyboard and I'm teaching my daughter about music, though she is just 6 she wants to be a rockstar. Next is the electric guitar and I've had my eye on an Apogee Jam. It would be perfect for my Fender. Then we rock!

trentsongs

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme

Having used Logic Studio exclusively, I never spent much time exploring Garageband - until now. This iPhone app is amazing! Its so simple and intuitive, much moreso than the 4 others I've been experimenting with for quick ideas while traveling. The others make me say, "well if I have to think this hard to sketch an idea, I might as well just pull out my Macbook and get on with it".

I've also been a big fan of Apogee products and have heard great things about the Jam. I think the combination of these two fine products will be a perfect way to keep the creative juices flowing.

valdan

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Apogee Jam

As a college student, I go out and play open mic nights and smaller gigs around campus to make some extra cash. Recently, we've been writing our own material and playing with some electronic noises, such as the iRig apps and Garageband on my iPad. It helps us keep our recording costs low and get lots of effects for a small price. But without an adapter, its hard to record to the iPad and this would make our lives a lot simpler and help encourage upcoming musicians to record their own music too!

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I already utilize Apogee's "one" in my production setup at home and being a brand new iPhone user (Sprint launch day) I can only imagine the ways I could use "Jam" on-the-go with my phone.

I know several guitar players who I'd love to work with but are short on time...using "Jam" I could easily just meet with them on the spot, plug in, and record some quick ideas we could revisit later.

Raketemensch

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm constantly using my iPad 2 during live performances.

I'm a 2nd drummer in a jamband, so I have lots of freedom to freak out and make weird noises and whatnot. Until recently I've mostly been using Pianist Pro to drive various VSTs in Ableton Live with MIDI over WiFi, but lately I've been using instruments directly on the iPad, especially since the new Moog app came out -- this thing is very possibly the coolest app yet.

Thumbjam is also a perennial favorite, with a new version coming out very soon. Jesse has been churning out betas very quickly, and the functionality in the new version will be otherworldly. For live performance, or even just sketching ideas, it's an incredible tool and a giant leap forward in terms of interfaces for musical instruments. I can't begin to explain how much I love Thumbjam, it's given me the ability to finally get the string concertos that've been floating around my head for decades now out into real form -- then I can just record the MIDI on my Macbook and print out the score!

Imagine if Mozart or Beethoven had had these tools...

[edit] Oh, and I've also invented an electric kazoo, and this interface would be the ultimate interface for recording it on the go, as well as applying effects to it for live performance, plus recording everything on the go, plus a thousand other uses I can't even take the time to write out...

I bought the iPad as a musical instrument. In fact, I sold my EWI 4000S to buy it, and haven't regretted it for a second. This thing is the ultimate musician's tool.

Last edited:

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Making music is really special to my dad and since he is disabled from work all he does is make music all day with his ipad and iphone and mac. This would really make him happy if he could get this.

Laying down guitar tracks and really just making everything pop!

techmom#IM

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Songwriting

I like to write songs. I have various voice apps and instrument apps ut would LOVE to add my guitar to the mix! I mean a real one.

parvezjj

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
iPad >>>

I love using Garageband on my MacBook and ever since it launched on the iPad it was awesome becuz I would pretty much be able to tinker around on the fly. I haven't got the new app for the iPhone yet but wow this would be so cool to get.

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
Click to view quoted image

Apple has just released GarageBand for iPhone and TiPb has just created an iPhone and iPad Music Makers Forum, and in honor of both events -- we're giving away an Apogee Jam! It's a pocket-sized, plug-and-play music interface that lets you connect your guitar right into your iPhone or iPad (or Mac).

Want one for your very own? All you have to do is leave a reply below telling us what kind of music, DJ'ing, or jamming you do with your iPhone or iPad. (And I want details! Rocking out with your guitar, getting the wedding crowds out on the dance floor, making crazy Ramen noodle loops, what?)

We'll pick one of you, and you'll get the Jam! Contest starts now and we'll announce the winner next Saturday, November 12!

Ready, set... Enter now!

I actually want to win this for my good friend who was just asking me how to hook a guitar to his iPad and use it in Garage Band. I showed him this device online and he said it was a bit expensive for him right now. He plays guitar in our church worship band on Sunday's and also does Chapel for the school we work for.

tomuky

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I use my bass guitar with this really crappy amp. I was actually thinking about purchasing this to use instead! If you guys pick me, I will love you even more! In a totally non-sexual way...

se7en__

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, most of the time I try to do what that funktwo kid does. But then my neighbours just come up yelling at me supposedly for me making loud noise yada-yada... Bummer. Anyway, that's why I want one of those: i'll plug my headphones in and rock all night long. YEAH!

Stepaside

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I think my son would dig it!!

He's been learning guitar and I'd like to get this for him to mix it up and keep him interested, he'd probably figure it out in 5mins and try to explain it to me to no avail
Thanks

Ben0rr10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Because im looking for a new guitar interface and I need stop only making skelton guitar tracks. Time to complete this music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2