Defected webOS User

remmy123

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. Because of recent news ( if youve been following) Ive decided to jump ship from Sprint and webOS because frankly, I feel burned pretty bad. More and more I cannot defend Sprint and Palm (HP) anymore. HP blew it with the new stuff and support for old users. Sprint has long blown it with their phone line up, the last straw was the Kyocera Echo they made such a stink about.

Sprint hyped all that up for a Kyocera... that is just sad. The whole point of taking your product announcements outside of CES is to show off your BAD A** product without distraction. This was the kind of crap milling around CES and Sprint should have kept it there, not abuse the outside announcement playing card with a crap phone from a maker that is famous for crap phones. HP did the same thing.

So, Tuesday Im a-walkin to an ATT store to pick up an iPhone. Ive scoffed and shunned and turned people away from it since its beginning but I can no longer. As it stands right now Im a hypocrite and a traitor. Prices and the mere fact that there are tons of really really cool things the iPhone can do from apps and that hardware supports it everywhere.

Why not Android phones you ask? Well, the UI is a hot pile of f***... thats why.
Not to mention the fragmentation that I have recently experienced for the first time with webOS.

Look, like ive said in the sister forum (precentral), SJ can be a nazi bastard of a person but at least he doesnt lie about his products whilst crooning like a dove and supports his old hardware.

So, Im coming to the dark side. I heard you guys had cookies!

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have a cookie. I also left Sprint/Palm for ATT/iPhone. That move spawned an entire podcast, the first one of which I spent apologizing to all the iPhone users I'd made fun of. <sigh> I've seen the light.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat and pretty much in agreement with Remmy. I too am a defected WebOS/Sprint user. My leaving Sprint is more about the way they hosed the premier members that they spent millions advertising to, and then reneged on all the benefits of. They also have completely changed and in some cases completely fabricated my contract dates. I even sent proof of each and every change and agreement from the start. And they aren't interested in correcting it.

So as soon as my husband and his mom decide what ATT phone they want, Ill be making the move.

I am passing on Android for about the same reason as Remmy. It doesn't seem stable to me either, and the battery issues are too much to deal with.

I swore up and down and sideways that I would never own an iPhone despite my soul being owned by Apple for other things, and that I'd never have ATT again. And now I am eating crow.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, the hardware on my phone now is falling apart and I need a new one. If i could wait till summer I would have gone for the Pre 3.

Same.

I would wait for the iPhone 5 also but I am willing to pay a little in a few months if I have to. I definitely don't want to see it get a slider, so hopefully the only real hardware change is like a camera resolution increase.

My husband and mother in law are people who keep their phones forever, which is not exactly the Steve Jobs way, so they will have to accept that I will be upgrading their stuff every other year or so.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711