Off to Chicago!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I know there are some members that live there and are used to the weather... but coming from Miami and looking at weather.com forecast it doesn't look like this is going to work out well for me :p

But hey, at least I will get to see some snow and then leave in a week :cool:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You are coming just in time...we are getting snow and almost sub-zero temps this week. Welcome to the Chi-city!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I know there are some members that live there and are used to the weather... but coming from Miami and looking at weather.com forecast it doesn't look like this is going to work out well for me :p

But hey, at least I will get to see some snow and then leave in a week :cool:

Having fun yet? :p

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Having fun yet? :p
Yeah!!! Got up this morning and helped my friend brush/scrap snow off their car so they could drive to work. Looks like 2" fell overnight and it's still going now, but pretty light. I'm definitely getting my fill of winter for the year and can return back to Miami and enjoy my 75 - 80 high temps :)

Are you downtown? If so, wait til the wind kicks in with the cold...you're in for a rude awakening!
No, staying in Irvin Park area...I think. It's the 60618 zip code. I did go downtown yesterday from about noon till 2pm. Only thing we got accomplished was getting some pizza at uno and freezing our faces off. Went by the apple store then would walk like half a block and stop in whatever the store was that distance away. Eventually gave in and got the F out of there. I've never seen it so dead downtown before (came here about a year ago and stayed in downtown).

I have a new found respect for winter which will probably grow stronger after these -30 wind chills the next couple days. This will be the coldest temps I've ever been in.

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I lived in the Irving Park/Wrigleyville area for about 5 years. If you are a fan of grasy food, try Byron's on Irving Park and Sheffield. Delicious.

I've have a few friends from Miami that have been up here for a few Bears games. Needless to say they echo what you say about winter in Chicago. That and they are never coming back!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
That is exactly why I DO NOT live above the Tennessee state line.:D It is too darn cold up there.

Of course it was 9F when I woke up this morning. That down right Arctic for Alabama! Much more of this I will have to go down with Dizzy!:p

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
Ahhh Chicago in the winter. Having lived all over downtown Chicago for about 15 years I remember those cold days well. Especially when I used to walk to work 15 minutes each morning. As we always said..."It's not bad weather, just the wrong clothes".

Chicago is such a great city though 8 months of the year that if it wasn't for the winter it would be too crowded.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Just wanted to follow up on this thread :)

I got back to Miami about a week ago and the night after I got back we hit the mid 30s for lows and had some frost on the roof of my car... I know WTF right!?!

Anyway, haven't had to turn the AC on since that day, but finally warming up today to the upper 70s...enough to flip the AC on. Oh, and tomorrow we should be hitting 80F!!!

So just like to say I feel your guys pain now although actually enjoyed the experience of freezing my ass off...for a week.

Here are some pics...from left to right.
1) Keeping beer and ice outside, a new experience for me but when it's 10F out, it works pretty well
2) Standing in the middle of a frozen lake, yeah, it was dumb, but didn't hang out there for very long.
3) Me "sledding" on a seat cushion thing you would take to a football game
4) Lake again while the snow was falling pretty hard
5) My car back in Miami, yes, that's ice :eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll