House passes TRACED Act to protect consumers from illegal robocalls

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Does nobody proofread this stuff before it’s published anymore?
Regarding the topic of the article, it’s about darn time something is done to stop the robocalls. The Do Not Call registry is a joke and I’ve found call blocking apps to be barely effective. The carriers need to be held more accountable.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You're joking, right? I mean, I think we all know the answer to that question.

As for the OP, is there a "legal robocall"?

There are legal robocalls. For instance, your doctor’s office calling you with a prerecorded message to remind you of an upcoming appointment. Technically that’s a robocall and it’s totally legal.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
There are legal robocalls. For instance, your doctor’s office calling you with a prerecorded message to remind you of an upcoming appointment. Technically that’s a robocall and it’s totally legal.

Correct:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0259-robocalls

However, I don't remember ever giving my doctor or dentist permission to call me with a recorded message about an upcoming appointment, so I guess technically those are illegal too. :rotfl:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have voicemail turned off,to do away with unrequired messages. I rarely answer live calls from anybody not in my phonebook. I can be reached by email or text, which I can edit as and when I like.
Robocalls are not an issue for me, I like a peaceful life. I try to live a lowtech life with the advantages I can see from a little touch of hightech here and there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2