Here are five features to protect your hearing with iPhone, iPad and more

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was just looking at my settings and my Noise Threshold is set to 90 decibels. I think that's the default, but it seems a bit high. This has made me curious, and I am wondering what others have their Noise Threshold set to?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking at my settings and my Noise Threshold is set to 90 decibels. I think that's the default, but it seems a bit high. This has made me curious, and I am wondering what others have their Noise Threshold set to?

It is the default. I have mine set to 90 dB as well, which is a good compromise between relevant or non-actionable notifications.

Since I take the métro regularly and that registers around 80-85 dB on the Apple Watch, with nothing really actionable (beyond taking my own car to get places, when I don't want to pollute the environment... sounds counterproductive).

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
As an audiophile, I’ve always taken my hearing bery very seriously. I love the Noise app on the Apple Watch in helping me monitor sound levels.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I wish I had had a decibel counter when I was a kid… no I don’t I’d have blown it out by the time I was 20 ! Seriously though it’s a bit late for most of us by the time we reach majority, we’re only protecting the ragged remains of our hearing by then.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234