Why are my lock, keyboard, and camera sounds not working?

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
keyboard-iphone-6-plus-hero.jpg

Ever typed on your keyboard and noticed you weren't hearing any keyboard clicks? Or taken a photo and didn't hear the shutter go off? Maybe you locked your iPhone or iPad and didn't hear the closing sound? That's a question we get frequently after iOS updates, and it's the question we're tackling today:
Hi guys. My wife just installed 8.1.3 on her new iPhone 6+, and she noticed that her keyboard stopped making the usual sounds. When she shut the phone off, it didn't click, and also the camera doesn't click. All the other sounds are working fine. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.
I've experienced this issue going back to iOS 7. The good news is, there are a few things you can try in order to get your lock, keyboard, and camera shutter sounds in working order again!
This how-to is part of our iOS Help feature, where every week I try and help you fix the problems you're having with your iPhones and iPads. If you have a question or need help with something iOS related that you just can't figure out, I encourage you to drop a question in our iMore forums, no registration required!

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2