Did you dump your Android phone for an iPhone 6?

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
iphone_6_plus_note_4_rear_camera_hero.jpg

A strange thing kept happening to me at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week ? Whenever I was standing in line for food, for coffee, or to speak to someone at a booth, and using my iPhone 6 Plus to help pass the time, people came up to me to ask how I liked it. That's usually my move. I'm the tech writer. I'm the one who's supposed to be asking how they like their phones. Yet this time it kept happening to me. The story was almost always the same as well ?*The person asking had switched to the iPhone 6 Plus from a big screen Android phone, they were loving it, and they wanted to know if I was loving it too. And that made me curious...

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I feel absurdly like an anomaly. I had moved from Android to iPhone this previous year for precisely the opposite reason. I'd found that decent specs and beautiful screens were only available on 5+ inch screen androids. So I'd got myself an iPhone 5c. Not only was it a manageable 4", but it was beautiful all the way around.

Now here I am, with an iPhone 6, and I'm looking forward to that rumored 6s mini. I'm still not happy with the size and awkwardness of one hand holding with my 6 but hey.... Only 8ish months left until September!

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
How do you like the 6+ and what made you buy an iPhone?

?We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forget. Expect us.?

I love how simple my 6+ is to use and how everything just works! Also love how much even the Google apps work better! Always said if Apple made a phablet I would get one, and I don't regret it!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not quite there yet... I'm quite curious to see what Samsung and HTC are bringing to the table in the coming weeks and if it's not enough I'm probably switching over. In my opinion, the Nexus 6 was a ****-poor effort compared to the 6+ and Note 4 especially at a $750 price point. My HTC One M7 is still keepin' it real, but it's getting close to upgrade time and I'm on the fence. I've been with Google from the beginning but my luck with their Nexus devices and Chromecast have been abysmal... I was close to grabbing a 6+ this weekend but decided to hold off.

That said, I've got one friend who made the switch; ditched his S4 in favor of the 6 because he had so many issues with Android including having to wipe and reload his phone several times. Another friend has been a die hard Nexus fan for years but has been feeling like a beta tester lately with Lollipop and some other random issues that he just can't deal with any longer. We'll see if he pulls the trigger, but he's been talking about doing it this week when his T-Mobile update is available.

There seems to be a healthy amount of people switching over and I'm wondering if this is a trend or a temporary spike.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I think it is really due to the size of the new iPhones. I said in a post some years back when Android devices has topped 5 inches for their screens that if Apple ever came out with a large screen iPhone that it would sell like crazy. And here we are. I did fifth my Note 4 for the iPhone 6 Plus. I'm not saying the iPhone 6 a plus is better than the Note 4. But it is a really awesome smartphone. And I'm happy with it.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
That's the thing, there is no sense arguing if Apple is better than android or if the 6+ is better than the note! The only thing that matters is if the phone you choose does everything you want it to do! My new iPhone fits the bill to a T and I couldn't be happier!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That's the thing, there is no sense arguing if Apple is better than android or if the 6+ is better than the note! The only thing that matters is if the phone you choose does everything you want it to do! My new iPhone fits the bill to a T and I couldn't be happier!

It's hard for people to accept that in my experience. For some reason a lot of people need to know that the device they hold is better. Or the best. It doesn't really make sense. Sometimes what you like the best may not be widely considered the best. But if it is what you like then it shouldn't matter. But for some reason it does for a lot of people.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
http://www.imore.com/sites/imore.co...lus_note_4_rear_camera_hero.jpg?itok=bN1P6Vul

A strange thing kept happening to me at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last week ? Whenever I was standing in line for food, for coffee, or to speak to someone at a booth, and using my iPhone 6 Plus to help pass the time, people came up to me to ask how I liked it. That's usually my move. I'm the tech writer. I'm the one who's supposed to be asking how they like their phones. Yet this time it kept happening to me. The story was almost always the same as well ?*The person asking had switched to the iPhone 6 Plus from a big screen Android phone, they were loving it, and they wanted to know if I was loving it too. And that made me curious...

Full story from the iMore Blog...

No I did not.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2