iMessage is Apple's text and media messaging service, bundled into the Messages app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. And that's where the platform support ends. There's no iMessage for Windows or Android. There's certainly no iMessage for Windows Phone or BlackBerry. Unlike Apple's Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and iWork, there's not even an iMessage in the iCloud. But, on the heels of Facebook buying WhatsApp for $16 billion and BlackBerry entirely missing the BBM boat... should there be?

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    02-22-2014 12:40 PM
    There are numerous cross-platform messaging apps available to use and yet, not everyone uses them. Just because iMessages is an Apple service, making it for Android and other platforms will not guarantee that everyone will use it just like everyone do not use an iPhone or an iPad.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 02-22-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    02-22-2014 01:24 PM
    I think it'd be great if there was an iMessage client for the other platforms. Everyone may not use it but the option to use it would certainly be great
    02-22-2014 03:20 PM
    Very unlikely Apple will do this.
    02-22-2014 11:00 PM
    It would be good to have this just a competitor to BBM and it would get more people interested in getting an iPhone or iPad. I don't see why not...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    02-23-2014 02:39 AM
    Not gonna happen. I remember reading what a fight it was to even get iTunes to Windows.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.
    02-23-2014 12:24 PM
    Not gonna happen. I remember reading what a fight it was to even get iTunes to Windows.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.
    If iTunes wasn't on Windows, Apple would have been losing money since some people don't own a Mac but they have a PC.
    02-23-2014 02:24 PM