Elon Musk's Tesla home-working move could spell doom for Twitter employees

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I’d like to know how that is calculated. I mean does this mean actually worked,or attended ? does this include meal breaks and time in the lavatory ? Are you tracked at all times ? Are you expected to be available on line or phone 24/7 ? (I know people that are ).
Do you think our Elon is setting himself up to fail on certain targets, so he has someone to blame ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps it’s a means to trim the workforce without having to actually fire anyone. He knows some people will quit/resign, but he also knows that some people will stay. Some of those who stay will have the opportunity to move into vacated upper level positions, if available.

Just food for thought.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps it’s a means to trim the workforce without having to actually fire anyone. He knows some people will quit/resign, but he also knows that some people will stay. Some of those who stay will have the opportunity to move into vacated upper level positions, if available.

Just food for thought.

Plausible.

However, I just left a global corporation (for multiple reason) that had a “no work from home” policy.

Not because the work couldn’t be done remotely, but because managers wanted to be able to interrupt you multiple times per day to see what you were doing. Had I been able to work from home I could have finished my work much faster without someone coming into my office every hour.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Plausible.

However, I just left a global corporation (for multiple reason) that had a “no work from home” policy.

Not because the work couldn’t be done remotely, but because managers wanted to be able to interrupt you multiple times per day to see what you were doing. Had I been able to work from home I could have finished my work much faster without someone coming into my office every hour.

But there would be no need for a huge tranche of lower middle management if everybody was working from home in that case ! Like most people I could recount anecdotes about office politics,and keep-my-job-not-yours shenanigans and deliberate non communication.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Plausible.

I believe you. With that being said, some supervisors and managers are like that. They’re fearful of losing their jobs and/or have their sights on a bigger prize so they micromanage.

In your case, being checked on every hour is downright ridiculous. That manager had trust issues, for sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2