Official: AirPods Max launch December 15 for $549

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know about you, but I’m unwilling to pay that much money for headphones.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have some Grado headphones that cost $1500 and there are a lot of headphones that go well into the thousands of dollars. The truth is that while the expensive ones can really really sound impressive the far less expensive models can sound really good too. $550 is not that much when viewed through the lens of headphones but if I was going to spend $300-$800 on headphones I’d probably look hard at other established headphone makers first.

That said, I have a feeling that the AirPod Max will sound pretty darned good while offering a lot of convenience. Will they be better than Bose and Sony’s noise canceling offerings? Remains to be heard.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I don’t think anyone will be able to convince me that Bluetooth audio is audiophile quality. The bandwidth is not there.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don’t think anyone will be able to convince me that Bluetooth audio is audiophile quality. The bandwidth is not there.

Its not as good as wired audio but for most its more than good enough. A lot of users have some type of hearing loss (even if they don’t know it) anyways. Audiophiles make up such a small portion of the market. Apple will sell a ton of these to the folks that want decent sound with some noise isolation/canceling. Just like Sony and Bose has done. ...and then you have the folks that purchase Beats that think they have something good. I’m thinking the APMs will compete well with those.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Its not as good as wired audio but for most its more than good enough. A lot of users have some type of hearing loss (even if they don’t know it) anyways. Audiophiles make up such a small portion of the market. Apple will sell a ton of these to the folks that want decent sound with some noise isolation/canceling. Just like Sony and Bose has done. ...and then you have the folks that purchase Beats that think they have something good. I’m thinking the APMs will compete well with those.

They’re going to sell a ton because these will be the new status symbol like Beats used to be. The millennial celebs/athletes will wear them so people will end up buying them.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
They’re going to sell a ton because these will be the new status symbol like Beats used to be. The millennial celebs/athletes will wear them so people will end up buying them.

You’re right. I didn’t even think of the Kim Kardashians of the world that will be all over these.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I was interested until I saw the price! I’ll just keep using my AirPods Pro.

Come now, they’re from Apple, you thought they’d be reasonably priced? $250 for the headphones, $70 for R&D, and $229 for the Apple Tax. That being said they did charge less of an Apple Tax for my Pro Maxes than I really expected.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
That price point isn’t inviting so no thank you Apple I’ll stick with my AirPods Pro and you can max someone else’s wallet!!

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
My hubby is getting me these for our anniversary which is in April. I had mentioned to him that I would like to have them but they were too expensive. He said if you want them I’ll get them for you for our anniversary! Well I’m not going to turn that down. LOL

So I ordered the sky blue color and it says it will be 8 to 10 weeks, which is a little bit less time than it had been.

I love my AirPods Pro but they hurt my ears after I have them in for a while. I really am looking forward to these new headphones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77