Can someone else in your family see your texts? Here's the fix

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you are not typing anything bad in these sendings why woukd this hurt anyone else looking at these?

Because text message conversations are nobody’s business outside of those involved. Do you have kids? I do. I have a 9 year old and a 4 year old. I certainly would not want them having access to my messages.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If you are not typing anything bad in these sendings why woukd this hurt anyone else looking at these?

Because of the concept of privacy, that communications between others and myself are for the addressees only.By the same token, would you read other people’s mail, rifle through a woman’s handbag,a man’s coat pockets, someone else’s desk ?
By not reading communications not intended for yourself you are avoiding the chance of damaging yourself or others,either by,making use of said information or broadcasting it. Also being known as a person who will do such a thing, will do you no good socially or in business ,as an untrustworthy person is just that.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Because text message conversations are nobody’s business outside of those involved. Do you have kids? I do. I have a 9 year old and a 4 year old. I certainly would not want them having access to my messages.

Do not have kids. Do not like kids. Phone calls are much better because of peeps worrying about what is being typed back and fourth. Easier to talk on the phone than to type back and fourth.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Honey Beagle;3[emoji646 said:
855]Do not have kids. Do not like kids. Phone calls are much better because of peeps worrying about what is being typed back and fourth. Easier to talk on the phone than to type back and fourth.

Okay.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Because of the concept of privacy, that communications between others and myself are for the addressees only.By the same token, would you read other people’s mail, rifle through a woman’s handbag,a man’s coat pockets, someone else’s desk ?
By not reading communications not intended for yourself you are avoiding the chance of damaging yourself or others,either by,making use of said information or broadcasting it. Also being known as a person who will do such a thing, will do you no good socially or in business ,as an untrustworthy person is just that.

As long as this is s family member and not someone you do not know. Privacy issue or not still should not be a problem

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
As long as this is s family member and not someone you do not know. Privacy issue or not still should not be a problem

Well, not everyone comfortable with that. And that doesn’t mean they’be done something “bad” or has some kind of “dark secret”. That’s too judgemental. It’s all depends on our own preferences, so called privacy ?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
from the article said:
However, it can be a complicated beast at times, especially if family members are using the same Apple ID on different devices.

And how many times has it been said to not share ID's?

But yes, it is a privacy issue. I wouldn't want anyone seeing my messages, mainly because of the nature of my job.