Best TV and movie companion apps for iPhone and iPad: Plex, TeeVee 2, GetGlue, and more!

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Forget tuning in and turning off, modern TV is all about the second screen. Couch potatoes have become couch surfers, passive watching has become active engagement, and a lot of that is thanks to iPhone and iPad companion apps. Not only can they help you find more of what you love, they can help you enjoy what you love more than ever. However, not all companion apps are created equal, and it can be tough to tell the App Store's greatest hits from its biggest bombs. That's where iMore comes in. Here are my favorite iPhone and iPad companion apps for TV and movie watchers!

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Been playing with TeeVee for a couple of days... already have the IMDB app... not a huge fan of social stuff like GetGlue...

Sent from a galaxy far, far away via Tapatalk.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else using TeeVee? I?ve added about 7 or 8 shows, and now when I try to add more, the app crashes. So much potential... so much disappointment.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I reported a bug to the developer and got a response... If you’re experiencing app crashes while trying to add a new show, it’s most likely caused by the first entry in your list of shows not being properly added. Delete it (swipe RIGHT and tap DELETE). That should resolve the issue.

I did so, and was able to add that show back, as well as new shows. I’ve currently got about 30 shows in the app.

I also discovered another app - Next Episode... it was $3, but seems to perform quite well.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2