Would You Like iMessage To Be A Cross-Platform App?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As the title asks... Would you like iMessage to be a cross a cross platform app? I am going to go out on my own limb and just say no and that is it. I feel like in my own personal opinion is just that way and why?
Somethings just need to remain what Apple calls their apps and OSs starting with i as in iDevide etc, You know what I mean. I don'd see or can imagine what reason or why it should become other than what it is now. Look what happened to BBM and how excited everyone was with that announcement and look at it now. Not so good right now and how much longer it will last. Sometimes companies are too quick to make a judgement call only to backfire. I don't think it is even something Apple needs to even thing about. It certainly has nothing to do with money unless we are talking about companies that it would show interest and even then it to me is just not worth it, Apple is not going broke or hurting for money that would lend them to do it for that reason.

I just say exclusivity is just stay with the company that came out with it and how they brought it to how it works. Once again my opinion. What sat you about this debate?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If it was something that was sort of BBM-like, meaning it was already a standalone app that allowed you to have avatars, buddy lists, groups, etc., then yeah. Why not? But the way it is now, nah. The only benefit I see in it is if I'm on my Macbook or iPad I could be texting with non-iOS users.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with Most everyone posting here..iMessage is Apple and needs to stay Apple and I DO NOT see it ever going anywhere when the top execs ever had to even think about it.

This will forever be know as a native Apple App in an IOS Device only. BTW thank you all for answering and giving an honest opinion.:)

Shilohcane

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Something needs to be done to fix iMessage, I found out last week that I haven't got one text message from my sister since I switched from iPhone to Android over 2.5 years ago. I have done everything right on the Apple side shutting down iMessage and deleting my number. Still I can't get texts from some friends that had my number in their iPhone when I had one. This article below lets me know I wasn't the problem.

Apple fury over nixed messages | News | TechRadar

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2