iMessage issue...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink: This was at home on my wifi network where i've never really had any issues before updating
Ok, then another suggestion....have you rebooted your router? Perhaps give that a try also, even though I know you specified that doing a network reset fixes it, maybe your router is dropping off for some reason and doing the reset hooks your device back up, but a reboot on the router won't hurt to try out either :)

I think iMessage is just having issues. My wife and I have been having issues all day trying to send iMessages regardless of carrier or wifi.
Like D has said, 3 out of the 4 iPhones in my house are on iOS 7 and our iMessage is working fine. I did pull up the iCloud system status to check before replying here and according the the page (yesterday) at the time, all systems were in the green zone...but it is very possible there may have been an issue going on in certain areas that Apple doesn't know of.

thrasherdawg

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Been having the same problem since Friday afternoon.
A restart fixes the issue for me - temporarily.
Seems to happen once a day for me - after restart its good the rest of the day, but then the first message I try to send the next day and it just hangs.
I receive iMessages fine.
Wife has 4S, son has 4, both ios7 and they are not having the issue.
I have an iPhone 5.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Been having the same problem since Friday afternoon.
A restart fixes the issue for me - temporarily.
Seems to happen once a day for me - after restart its good the rest of the day, but then the first message I try to send the next day and it just hangs.
I receive iMessages fine.
Wife has 4S, son has 4, both ios7 and they are not having the issue.
I have an iPhone 5.

My wife has the 5 and so does my brother but they don't seem to have this issue. And like you, I can receive iMessages when mine starts to hang sending them. I'm doing ok so far today though.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Having this issue today. At first it was just iMessages. Now even text mssgs are hanging at "sending" for a long time. (5 min or more)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Having this issue today. At first it was just iMessages. Now even text mssgs are hanging at "sending" for a long time. (5 min or more)

That sounds like an issue with your carrier not your phone...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
This seems to be happening to many people, making it seem like more than just a carrier or settings problem. A friend of mine posted on face book that his iMessage wasn't working, and had many comments from people with the same problem - people in different areas, different networks, wifi, cell data, etc. I wonder what's going on.

jcochran1977

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been having periodic issues like this since Saturday morning here in Michigan! The only way I have gotten it to fix is restarting my phone. It fixes it for a little while and then it comes back. Very odd to say the least!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sad to report that it seems to have started again... 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I've got iMessage turned off. It's supposed to default to SMS after a set amount of time, but two days later, my phone was still trying to send an iMessage after a friend of mine called me to find out why I never responded to the message I was sent. Half the time it defaults to SMS, half the time it doesn't.

bbmark

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I've also had the "hanging iMessage" problem. I also posted it in the iOS7 bugs thread. I did the network settings reset and now one message that had hung went through. Hopefully that is the end of it, but judging from everyone else's threads, likely not :(

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone has been doing this off and on since Friday. Seems random though. My wife and daughter have not had any issues. It's happened to me on wifi and off wifi. I do a hard reset and it fixes it at the time. Has not happened since Sunday morning. Fingers crossed that it's fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening to me (iP5) and my wife (iP4) since late Friday. My brother (iP4S) reported it starting today. In all cases we have turned iMessages off for a minute or so and then rebooted the device. A few minutes after reboot the iMessages start sending and receiving. But then the problem starts all over again later. I have not assessed whether or not it is a daily thing or an every 6 hours thing or what. None of us send many pics - typically just short messages. This began after updating to iOS7. All of us are on AT&T...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2