Read the post directly above yours.
    04-25-2015 06:59 AM
    Three dots only occur when the person is actively typing in your message window. It also isn't a bug, it's a purposeful implementation, same as BBM or whatsapp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-25-2015 07:49 AM
    Three dots only occur when the person is actively typing in your message window. It also isn't a bug, it's a purposeful implementation, same as BBM or whatsapp.

Not exactly. Read my post above. One could just type 1 character, then decide to exit the messages app and move on. But the ellipsis (the dots) will continue for 60 seconds, leading you to think they are still typing. Then no message shows.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-25-2015 10:02 AM
    Not exactly. Read my post above. One could just type 1 character, then decide to exit the messages app and move on. But the ellipsis (the dots) will continue for 60 seconds, leading you to think they are still typing. Then no message shows.

Yes, exactly. That's exactly how other protocols implement it.

04-25-2015 10:03 AM
    Yes, exactly. That's exactly how other protocols implement it.

Send someone a message and just type 1 character and leave it there and exit the messages app. The other person will see the ellipsis for 60 seconds, even though you are not typing.

04-25-2015 11:10 AM
    Send someone a message and just type 1 character and leave it there and exit the messages app. The other person will see the ellipsis for 60 seconds, even though you are not typing.

Used to happen in BBM, & happens in whatsapp, don't know of the time elapsed tho.

04-25-2015 11:22 AM

In my experience, you don't even need to type a character. Just tap in the response box so the cursor is positioned there, and the other person will see the ellipsis for 60 seconds, as you said.
    04-25-2015 11:28 AM
    In my experience, you don't even need to type a character. Just tap in the response box so the cursor is positioned there, and the other person will see the ellipsis for 60 seconds, as you said.
    Yeah, I kept seeing the ellipsis going on text messages with my cuz who does not show read receipts. I'd watch it, then no text. So I started testing it with mine and my Wife's phone.

04-25-2015 12:47 PM
33 12