I don't have any problems with iMessage. It works perfectly every time.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Same here. iMessage works as it should 98% of the time for me and the 2% that it didn't was due to outages or server problems at Apple that affected a great deal of people.
    05-24-2013 10:13 PM
    Same here. iMessage works as it should 98% of the time for me.
    I don't think people understand that the fallback when there's limited service or a phone is off is to go to SMS. Everyone complains about that, but that's how it's designed to work so your message goes through. I've never had any issues with it besides the SMS switch, which is a feature and not an issue.

05-24-2013 10:15 PM
    I don't think people understand that the fallback when there's limited service or a phone is off is to go to SMS. Everyone complains about that, but that's how it's designed to work so your message goes through. I've never had any issues with it besides the SMS switch, which is a feature and not an issue.

Exactly!...if for some reason, iMessage is down, I am still able to send via SMS.
    05-24-2013 10:20 PM
    I don't have a problem with iMessage. It works as its supposed to.
    05-24-2013 11:19 PM

The issue with this is that not every device that uses iMessage uses SMSif you're on an iPod Touch, a WiFi iPad, or a Mac and iMessage craps out, there is no fallback. It just doesn't work.

What I would love to see in that circumstance is an auto-retry feature for iMessages. That simple change would likely solve the issue.
    05-24-2013 11:25 PM
    The issue with this is that not every device that uses iMessage uses SMSif you're on an iPod Touch, a WiFi iPad, or a Mac and iMessage craps out, there is no fallback. It just doesn't work.

What I would love to see in that circumstance is an auto-retry feature for iMessages. That simple change would likely solve the issue.
    Right. It only sends when the user is connected to the Internet. iMessage is designed to be used with always-on devices. It's available on devices like the Mac and iPod to make it more convenient to communicate with those devices. They aren't meant to be reachable 100% of the time. For people to be reachable 100% of the time, they need to be on an iPhone or have a cellular-enabled iPad.

05-24-2013 11:29 PM

I don't think you understand. When the iMessage can't send, it doesn't automatically try again as a text message. It just puts a red circle next to the words and takes a ****. That is a major problem for anyone who sends a text and then puts their phone in their pocket without visually confirming that the text went All. The. Way............ Wait For It........ Through.
    05-24-2013 11:50 PM
    Right. It only sends when the user is connected to the Internet. iMessage is designed to be used with always-on devices. It's available on devices like the Mac and iPod to make it more convenient to communicate with those devices. They aren't meant to be reachable 100% of the time. For people to be reachable 100% of the time, they need to be on an iPhone or have a cellular-enabled iPad.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. But in my view, I don't see Apple saying that. I've never seen it sold for iPod or Mac as something supplementary to a cellular device. It's more like "connect with anyone who has an iOS device!" I don't mind if some only work on wifi—as long as, when they're on wifi, they work.

I don't think you understand. When the iMessage can't send, it doesn't automatically try again as a text message. It just puts a red circle next to the words and takes a ****. That is a major problem for anyone who sends a text and then puts their phone in their pocket without visually confirming that the text went All. The. Way............ Wait For It........ Through.
    Actually it does if you check your settings.
    Imessage sucks-image.jpg
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-25-2013 12:18 AM
    I have that setting selected. 50% of the time it works, and the other half it does not.
    05-25-2013 09:52 PM
    You say it sucks but you have no explanation saying why you think or feels that it sucks??
    jclisenby likes this.
    05-26-2013 06:07 PM
    Nice to see iMore calling (again) for a better iMessage experience: iOS 7 wants: An iMessage. Merged with FaceTime. That works. Everywhere. | iMore.com

"...while FaceTime is fairly reliable, the same can't be said for iMessage, which is missing, miss-ordering, miss-grouping, or otherwise messing up often enough to shatter faith in the service. All of this adds up to something I'd sorely like to see integrated, fixed, and perhaps even expanded in iOS 7."

I couldn't agree more. Check the blog post for more details.
    06-01-2013 11:02 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD