Do you have your iMessage read receipts set to on or off?

iMessage read receipts set to on or off?

• On

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Off

Votes: 34 60.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Both of these are the reasons mine is off. I don't need a dozen more messages wanting to know where I am or why I'm ignoring them. Worst thing ever was the buzz option on BBM. I had both of those set to where it wouldn't vibrate.

That buzz thing was the worst. I'd make sure to immediately have it off whenever I would switch BB's.

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have mine on, but too often wish it was off when I slide to read to quickly by habit. I'm waiting for an SBSettings add on to turn it on/off.

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I leave mine on. There are certain people who I want to make sure they get my messages so I don't mind returning the favor. If it's someone I don't want to know if I read their message, I just ignore the message until a later time. Simple.

It would be cool to be able to set it up by each contact..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Surprised more people dont want people to know that they read their message. I guess it must stay a seccret if they read it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Surprised more people dont want people to know that they read their message. I guess it must stay a seccret if they read it.

I think it's a matter of response time. Personally, if I read it and don't reply right away the person thinks I'm ignoring them.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a matter of response time. Personally, if I read it and don't reply right away the person thinks I'm ignoring them.

i agree with this 29, but also the fact of feeling "stalked" lol. I dont know of any other way to put it. THIS is also why i didnt use BBM on a bb either. the R & D thing.

wylderubicon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
On. It was one of my favorite features on BBM. some people get busy, I understand that. but its good to know they got my message and read it whether they reply or not. I only get texts from friends and family. people who I don't like don't contact me and if they still do, they can now get a clue.

it beats having to reply with "K" to every other text.

having said that. the "delivered" is not reliable. as mentioned in other threads, failed messages would still say "Delivered"

zstairlessone

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I left it off, theres people who I want to ignore for as long as I can.

Ha Ha!!

I leave mine off so I can control replies and someone doesn't think I've read them before I really look at it. I have a habit of doing a quick check then going back to look at what is really there.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Mine is on but useless because all of my friends have it turn off. I really don't think they know that feature is available.

I'm gonna send them all an email and let them know about it.
If they don't turn it on then, I'll turn my off.

Good Luck

I decided to turn it off. The heck with the email to my friends.
I just wish I could selectively turn it on by contact as mention in a post above.

Good Luck

Issy Bentley

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I do, because if its a friend and i accidently read it when i cant reply, they wont take it personally and no im busy. HOWEVER if its someone i dont like/dont like talking to, they'll see i've read it and hopefully they'll take the hint and stop talking to me.
its a win-win situation

sintaku

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I currently have it turned off, but I will probably turn it on. I normally reply when I read the messages, and the ones I don't... Well then they'll know that too.