Calendar Issue

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have a Mac running High Sierra. In calendar, under my name I have an old entry (olduser@gmail) of a user that I want to remove. The calendar structure is this:

James

Holidays in US
Jewish Holidays
Contacts
myemail@domain.com
olduser@gmail dot com

I want to remove the person from the list but I don't have anyway to do this. If I Ctrl-click, I see a menu with Get Info, Sharing Settings and Custom Colors. If I go into Get Info, there is no option to remove or delete this person. I don't have anything in Accounts or Preferences to remove or delete this person. There is nothing in Sharing Settings either.

Contacting this person is not an option and I don't have access to their gmail account. I am not sure how to remove this person from the Calendar.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mac running High Sierra. In calendar, under my name I have an old entry (olduser@gmail) of a user that I want to remove. The calendar structure is this:

James

Holidays in US
Jewish Holidays
Contacts
myemail@domain.com
olduser@gmail dot com

I want to remove the person from the list but I don't have anyway to do this. If I Ctrl-click, I see a menu with Get Info, Sharing Settings and Custom Colors. If I go into Get Info, there is no option to remove or delete this person. I don't have anything in Accounts or Preferences to remove or delete this person. There is nothing in Sharing Settings either.

Contacting this person is not an option and I don't have access to their gmail account. I am not sure how to remove this person from the Calendar.

Wait! How did the user's information get in the calendar? Are you the rightful owner of the Mac? Is it a Google calendar or an iCloud calendar using an Apple ID in the form of a gmail account?

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Of course, I am the rightful owner of the Mac. I wouldn't be asking the question if I wasn't. In the past, this person lived in the house, I added this person to my Apple calendar (the default calendar that comes with OS X) and now the person no longer lives in the house. Hence, I want to remove this person from the Calendar. So, I am using Apple Calendar and this person had a Gmail account. So, the person entry is olduser@gmail.com

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Of course, I am the rightful owner of the Mac. I wouldn't be asking the question if I wasn't. In the past, this person lived in the house, I added this person to my Apple calendar (the default calendar that comes with OS X) and now the person no longer lives in the house. Hence, I want to remove this person from the Calendar. So, I am using Apple Calendar and this person had a Gmail account. So, the person entry is olduser@gmail.com

We only ask because we get a good amount of users who join up asking for information who are truly up to no good.
As far as your question goes, sit tight. I’m sure someone will come along shortly with an answer.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Go to calendar / preferences and click on accounts. You should see a list of accounts on the left. Highlight the one you want to get rid of and hit the minus icon at the bottom.

Now, if you don't see that Gmail account, then the calendar was shared via Google. You'll need to log into your Google calendar from the web, and on the bottom right you'll see "other calendars". If that account is there, hover over it and you'll get an X option to unsubscribe from that calendar.

That's how mine and my wife's are set up. I don't see her account in my iMac or MBP calendar, but I do see it under others on my Google calendar on the web.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2