Music CD

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I have an iMac running High Sierra. I want to make a copy of a music CD. After I insert the CD, I open DU and I do FILE- NEW IMAGE-IMAGE FROM CD NAME. Next, it creates a CDNAME.CDR and save it to the desktop. Next, I insert a blank CD-R 700mb and on the CDNAME.CDR I right click and choose BURN DISK IMAGE CD NAME to disc. It starts the burning process and it tells me it is complete.

I am using Memorex "music" CD-R 40x 700mb discs. After insert the CD, I get a message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer. Ignore or Eject".

I am not sure why the computer doesn't read this CD. It does read the original CD, CD NAME, but after I make a copy the new CD the computer doesn't read it. In DU, the CD comes up as "Uninitialized disk3s0". I know the superdrive is working.

How do I make a perfect copy of a music CD?

dcoke22

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried ripping the CD with iTunes using Apple Lossless format and then burning that back out to CD? In the past, I've encountered CDs with various root kits (FU Sony) and copy protection schemes that make things complicated. If you really just want pristine copy of the audio, a trip through iTunes in Apple Lossless should work fine.

If you're feeling like an audiophile, I've heard about, but never tried, BitPerfect Sound

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2