Yea, that's what I'm saying is there is no BAR option for this app, only notifications and that's it.
    Does it show background activity in settlngs > Battery? If not, maybe it just doesn't need to run in the background. Some apps don't.
    04-11-2017 11:17 PM
    Does it show background activity in settlngs > Battery? If not, maybe it just doesn't need to run in the background. Some apps don't.
    Yes, it shows background activity (it showed 11 mins) in the battery usage stats, but there isn't an option for turning on/off background app refresh (which is why I was confused and asked). I thought BAR could only occur if there was an option for it (at least to where it would show that high a number of usage time). I understand that apps still stay tombstoned in the background, but that the background refresh that would show up in battery usage stats are for refreshing of content (Facebook, social media, etc with new "posts" or w/e).
    04-12-2017 09:54 AM
    Yes, it shows background activity (it showed 11 mins) in the battery usage stats, but there isn't an option for turning on/off background app refresh (which is why I was confused and asked). I thought BAR could only occur if there was an option for it (at least to where it would show that high a number of usage time). I understand that apps still stay tombstoned in the background, but that the background refresh that would show up in battery usage stats are for refreshing of content (Facebook, social media, etc with new "posts" or w/e).
    If it shows up in the battery stats with background time, it doesn't mean it's using Background App Refresh. Apps will run in the background with or without BAR. All BAR does is help apps run in the background more efficiently. That's all. Did you check settings > the app> is there a BAR option there.
    04-12-2017 12:02 PM
    I downloaded that app. I don't see a BAR option for it. Apparently, the developer doesn't want that app to use BAR. There may be a good reason why they don't. I wouldn't worry about it.
    04-12-2017 12:12 PM
29 12