So I have just gotten an iMac 27 inch and loving the experience so far What software do you recommend to install onto it?
    Rjgjr#IM likes this.
    10-14-2013 01:21 AM
    1Password
    Reeder for Mac when the new version is released.
    Tweetbot for Mac
    Mint if you're a Mint.com user
    Caffeine
    AirServer
    CleanMyMac

I know there are other apps I use but I haven't been able to use my iMac in a month and I can no longer remember them all. The ones I listed are the ones I use the most and they are all in the Mac App Store except for AirServer and CleanMyMac. I'll edit this post if I remember others.

Sent from my 64GB Space Gray iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2
    10-14-2013 01:57 AM
    So I have just gotten an iMac 27 inch and loving the experience so far What software do you recommend to install onto it?
    Here are a few to get you started...

1Password
    Pathfinder
    Bartender
    Fantastical
    Custom Menu
    TextExpander
    Tincta editor
    Microsoft Office for Mac
    Caffeinated
    Mactracker
    VLC
    Handbrake
    DeskConnect
    FreeSpace
    PixelMator
    Moom
    10-14-2013 02:04 AM
    I got my new 27" iMac just a little before you,and i love it too ! Here's what I have downloaded so far:
    Steam(for games)
    Clear Day(great weather app)
    evernote
    amazon mp3 downloader
    several games(max payne 3,deer hunter,deus ex,call of duty,etc)
    and of course pages,numbers,keynote,etc. I'm still on the lookout for apps myself!
    12-14-2013 10:16 AM
    iWorks and all of the ones mentioned above...
    12-14-2013 10:24 AM
    Air mail. Awesome email client.
    12-14-2013 12:17 PM
    Going to the Mac App Store and just looking around can reveal some useful and fun apps. Enjoy your new Mac.
    12-14-2013 12:22 PM
    1Password
    Reeder for Mac when the new version is released.
    Tweetbot for Mac
    Mint if you're a Mint.com user
    Caffeine
    AirServer
    CleanMyMac

I know there are other apps I use but I haven't been able to use my iMac in a month and I can no longer remember them all. The ones I listed are the ones I use the most and they are all in the Mac App Store except for AirServer and CleanMyMac. I'll edit this post if I remember others.

May I know what you use air server on your iMac for? Can't imagine a viable use, unless you like mirroring your IOS device on your desktop for recording purposes.
    12-17-2013 07:16 AM
    May I know what you use air server on your iMac for? Can't imagine a viable use, unless you like mirroring your IOS device on your desktop for recording purposes.
    You use it the same way you would if it were an tv. I don't do any recording. I don't have a tv in my office. And my TV is in my bedroom. Sometimes I want to watch or listen to something that's only on my iDevices and I don't want to leave my office/craft room to do it. It's usually a video podcast. I mirror Downcast so I can watch video podcasts at 3x speed. The trick works on the tv too. I used it a lot before I had an tv. AirServer is what convinced me to buy an tv last December in the first place. I already had a Roku. I think it's still the better value for the money despite not having a YouTube app. I only bought my tv for AirPlay. However, I use it exclusively now. Apple has added all of the channels I watch on a regular basis. The only thing missing is Amazon Instant Video, but I can AirPlay it. I haven't used my Roku since Amazon added AirPlay support.

Now that I've had my tv a year I'm still finding myself using AirServer a lot. I used it on Sunday to teach a Muggle about iTunes Radio. I use it to listen to audio podcasts/Audible without having to use my Bluetooth speaker.

Check out AirServer's website. They do a good job of explaining the use cases. http://www.airserver.com/

12-17-2013 08:07 AM
    Depends on what you want the software for ?
    SandyFish likes this.
    01-30-2014 02:03 AM