Why isn't my iCloud content showing?

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Icloud content not showing

Icloud enabled on all devices, I have checked all settings to ensure they're correct and my iCloud tells me I have use 1.6GB of my allotted 5GB, but my photo's and videos are still not showing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have this problem too.

All the settings seem to be correct, but nothing shows in the iCloud app.

I thought the iCloud app would work like Google Drive, tap on the app and all cloud photos are there. But there's nothing. Clearly something is wrong in settings or whatever or it makes the iCloud app no more than screen decoration.

I know I find the whole cloud thing to be one of life's mysteries, but Google Drive and Box do at least try to accommodate my permanently bewildered state.

If anyone has any help for myself and vegas33139 it would be good...��

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem too.

All the settings seem to be correct, but nothing shows in the iCloud app.

I thought the iCloud app would work like Google Drive, tap on the app and all cloud photos are there. But there's nothing. Clearly something is wrong in settings or whatever or it makes the iCloud app no more than screen decoration.

I know I find the whole cloud thing to be one of life's mysteries, but Google Drive and Box do at least try to accommodate my permanently bewildered state.

If anyone has any help for myself and vegas33139 it would be good...��

Unfortunately, the iCloud Drive app does not work in the same manner as other drive storage apps, but hopefully that'll change with iOS 10. As stated via an iMore Blog tutorial, it's merely "turns the DocumentPicker interface into its own app".

Source: http://www.imore.com/how-view-icloud-drive-files-iphone-and-ipad

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, the iCloud Drive app does not work in the same manner as other drive storage apps, but hopefully that'll change with iOS 10. As stated via an iMore Blog tutorial, it's merely "turns the DocumentPicker interface into its own app".

Source: How to view iCloud Drive files on your iPhone and iPad | iMore

That explains it then. And with that explaination come the knowledge that I'm not on a downward spiral of stupidity lol :)

Thanks for the link hun...:yes::yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Icloud content not showing

(Laughing)...You are NOT on a downward spiral of stupidity, my friend...

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

(Laughing)...You are NOT on a downward spiral of stupidity, my friend...

I certainly feel like it...font of all knowledge on a previous platform and now beginner status with my little iPhone :D

Thanks for helping out whenever I decide to go on each madcap technical mission with my 5s :yes:

afl2277

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Icloud enabled on all devices, I have checked all settings to ensure they're correct and my iCloud tells me I have use 1.6GB of my allotted 5GB, but my photo's and videos are still not showing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hey Vegas, I've had a look at Box cloud storage and Google Drive.

Box doesn't seem to have an easy way to transfer photos back to iPad or iPhone, or creating folders that I can find. Seems a bit limited.

Google Drive has an app for iPhone and iPad, and is so easy to use. To transfer photos to iPhone or iPad just long press the photo and choose save image. That copies to device photos. Making folders is easy too. Create folder then just long press on photo and drag to the folder.

Hope that helps till Apple let us use the iCloud app for photos.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hey Vegas, I've had a look at Box cloud storage and Google Drive.

Box doesn't seem to have an easy way to transfer photos back to iPad or iPhone, or creating folders that I can find. Seems a bit limited.

Google Drive has an app for iPhone and iPad, and is so easy to use. To transfer photos to iPhone or iPad just long press the photo and choose save image. That copies to device photos. Making folders is easy too. Create folder then just long press on photo and drag to the folder.

Hope that helps till Apple let us use the iCloud app for photos.

I use Box all the time. It's all there. I have folders and subfolders. I can save photos back to the camera roll. It's my favorite cloud storage app. Love the Notes feature.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2