No longer getting push email

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Since last week my push email on my me/icloud account has stopped working on my iPhone 5. It is working fine on my iPad 3. I upgraded to 6.01 on both devices. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Push email works great for me with my @icloud.com & @me.com account. Have you tried rebooting your device?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have. I have done everything short of wiping the phone.

According the the iCloud Status Page, some users experienced problems with mail and other iCloud services yesterday, and although it states that the problems have been resolved, there's a possibility that they are not. Also, to make sure that all bases have been covered, go to Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars- Fetch New Data and make sure Push is turned ON. After that, scroll down to "Advanced", select it. If "Push" is not displayed next to your iCloud mail, tap on it and then select "Push".

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
According the the iCloud Status Page, some users experienced problems with mail and other iCloud services yesterday, and although it states that the problems have been resolved, there's a possibility that they are not. Also, to make sure that all bases have been covered, go to Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendars- Fetch New Data and make sure Push is turned ON. After that, scroll down to "Advanced", select it. If "Push" is not displayed next to your iCloud mail, tap on it and then select "Push".
I have already tried that too. The only way I can receive emails is if I set it to fetch. When it is set to push, it will not work. I do not have this problem on my iPad which really perplexes me.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have already tried that too. The only way I can receive emails is if I set it to fetch. When it is set to push, it will not work. I do not have this problem on my iPad which really perplexes me.

The only thing left to do is either logout of iCloud, reboot your device, and then log back in or restore as new.

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well the logout and reboot did not work. I even deleted the account, rebooted, then set the account back up. Guess the only thing left is to wipe and restore as new..... Really was hoping I wouldn't have to do that because I have so much on it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well the logout and reboot did not work. I even deleted the account, rebooted, then set the account back up. Guess the only thing left is to wipe and restore as new..... Really was hoping I wouldn't have to do that because I have so much on it.

I understand, but heck, you've tried everything imaginable. I suppose you can wait and see if it irons itself out.

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I understand, but heck, you've tried everything imaginable. I suppose you can wait and see if it irons itself out.

Well I decided to take your advice and wait it out a couple of days before wiping and starting as new device. This morning I began to start receiving push out of the blue. Must have been a service issue. Thanks for the help.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I decided to take your advice and wait it out a couple of days before wiping and starting as new device. This morning I began to start receiving push out of the blue. Must have been a service issue. Thanks for the help.

You're very welcome and I'm glad it ironed itself out for you. Take care and have a safe & enjoyable weekend. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2