• Yes

Votes: 55 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
:DI have an 8GB iPhone 4 that work gave me and I struggled to get any amount of music on my phone. I listen to a huge vast array of different music depending on my mood. iMatch has enabled me to push all 2500 songs to iCloud and still have 2GB free on my puny phone memory. I also put my wifes 4s on my itunes account now she has access to the same 2500 songs all for the 25 bucks per year and I only paid once! Awesome! work the system baby! LOL

iTunes Match does a lot of things right, and a lot of people are looking at using it for no other reason than to upgrade their music files to 256 kbps. That in and of itself may be worth the $25 price to some people.

But I just think that Google Music (and perhaps Amazon, too) is a better service, and it's offered for free. Does iTunes Match allow you to access all of that cloud music from a non-Apple device, or from a PC? Google Music does, and I use it at work. It's even started to replace my 160GB iPod because my Google account tends to be more up-to-date with new stuff it adds from my home iTunes account.

Anyway, glad to hear you like iTunes Match - a lot of people have been negative about inaccuracies in matching your collection, etc. I don't mean to sound like a Google salesman, I'm just surprised that more people aren't taking advantage of it. (Or maybe everybody is just trading real music "ownership" for Spotify) :)

krsgdlw

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Find My iPhone/iPad/Mac, data, backup, documents, reminders, bookmarks, notes and mail.

Calendar and contacts through Google.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I use it so my wife and I are on the same page. Both our calenders sync and we have a "Shopping List" in reminders that sync to each others phones. I especially like that feature because its a perpetual list that items are easily added to or marked off. We talk a lot, but it seems like I always forget what we needed at the store when she calls and vice-versa. I don't really use the cloud much for backup, but I probably should. I basically use it to have a shared to-do list.

pddgme

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have used iCloud from the first day I had my iPhone. I used to use several of Google's apps combined with some 3rd party stuff to sync my old Droid 2, and it never quite worked correctly (double contact entries, songs switching ID3 tags, etc.). The end of that first week when I had my Google stuff in suspended animation while I tried iCloud was the last time I ever used Google to sync ANY of my info. iCloud works so smoothly that I don't notice it. I just know that it is going to work. The #1 reason why I have an iPhone today is the #1 reason I dropped my BB for a Droid and dropped my Droid for an iPhone: reliability.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use iCloud for everything except email. I find the email to be lacking, especially when it comes to spam protection. I use Gmail (through my Mac's and iPhone's respective Mail apps) for email.

iGrannyApple

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I went "all Apple" in December mostly because of the benefits of iCloud. I was using Outlook 2011 but have discovered it doesn't play with iCloud so I'm going back to Mac's native email with anticipation that my Mac, iPhone and iPad will all play nice with each other and share everything.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I use iCloud for contacts, reminders, and find my phone, mainly. The document side of things seemed to be flaky when I first tried it (lost a couple), so I don't rely on it (and Dropbox just works better for my needs). I'm still using Gmail and Google Apps for email, but I'm just growing more cautious about Google's use of my data (maybe I'm just waking up). It's still one of the better if not best "free" email systems. Still kind of using Google Apps for Calendar, although I'm trying to make an effort to use iCloud for that as well; having a Mac makes that easier.

FritzDaCat

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I feel like Find My iPhone alone makes it worth using but I also use it for back-up and syncing contacts, calendars and reminders. Definitely NOT Photo Stream. I can add/delete/revise on the road or on the computer and I know that both devices will have it covered.

And I LOVE that it works on it's own every night while I'm sleeping.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I was reluctant at first, but now I use it. Actually this is the first week to use it.

I am hoping to sync some information with my wife's iphone 4; such as shopping lists ect.

Simple piece of mind.

The only thing I'm trying to perfect is, the utilization of the iCloud program on my PC syncing photos to my iphone. Its a bummer you can have two folders sync wirelessly to two different iPhones. I understand why, but it is still a bummer. I wish there was a work around. And it is a bummer you can't sync videos wirelessly on a PC to iPhone. :(