Not interested in Icloud?

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

so i dont know maybe its just me, but is anyone else not really interested in Icloud at all?
I dont honestly know exactly what it is or does but all I know is that I just tried to update my apps on my ipad and it said that I was out of icloud storage space.... i dont even want to use iCloud to have data on my Ipad so is there any way while using IOS 5 to not have to use iCloud to update my apps?

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am frustrated with trying to set this up. I do not have the outlook and do not want to spend money to be able to use the cloud. I do not want the same things on my ipad as on my iphone. I thought I had the email setup. Was receiving email last night but today it is not working. Frustration level is high for this old woman.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Hey everyone,

so i dont know maybe its just me, but is anyone else not really interested in Icloud at all?
I dont honestly know exactly what it is or does but all I know is that I just tried to update my apps on my ipad and it said that I was out of icloud storage space.... i dont even want to use iCloud to have data on my Ipad so is there any way while using IOS 5 to not have to use iCloud to update my apps?

You don't have to use icloud to backup. Look under settings, icloud, and turn that off. Use your computer.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I am frustrated with trying to set this up. I do not have the outlook and do not want to spend money to be able to use the cloud. I do not want the same things on my ipad as on my iphone. I thought I had the email setup. Was receiving email last night but today it is not working. Frustration level is high for this old woman.

What were you using before for email? You don't have to use icloud for email. But you also don't need Outlook if you do use it.

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was reading my mail directly from the website. I wanted to be able to sync my calendars on my computer, ipad, and iphone and now I can only sync from computer to iphone.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I should say that my calendar is through google.

Then i assume your email is as well. Setup google sync Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help Do this on your ipad & iphone.

In settings<icloud...turn off email, calendars, and contacts. Do this on both iphone and ipad. Use same icloud ID on both.

You should be good then.

If you want to convert everything from google to apple, then that's another discussion. But there's really no need to do so.

Reactions: Elaine5006

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2