Problem with iCloud for Windows

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have no trouble accessing iCloud.com but I am unable to access iCloud through the Windows Control Panel program. I keep getting the message, "Couldn't sign in because of a server error." I've tried using the @me.com address that works on iCloud.com as well as my regular Apple ID, and both return the same error.

It takes about a minute for that message to display, so I suspected a problem with my firewall or router, so I turned off all antivirus and firewalls but still no luck.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to forward ports on my router to get it to work?

Thanks for your help!

ETA: I just tried something else - I used my firewall to shut down incoming or outgoing internet access and I get the same message after about a minute. That reinforces my thought that somehow, my computer or network is blocking communications with the iCloud server.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
iCloud is still in beta. I know that without a Mac dev account you can't access it on your Mac desktop yet. I would be surprised if it were further along on Windows.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Really? That's kind of surprising. Here's a video from youtube that shows someone using it on Windows (it appears to be a previous beta, this latest one is 0.9.2), so I just assumed the beta was working for dev accounts on mac and windows.

Download iCloud Beta - YouTube

DAGASU

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Could you test it on a combination of another computer/connection?, use your computer in another connection, and other computer in your connection, so you can discard better.

The day all the "assumptions" work like expected then everyone will be happy.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
iCloud for Windows does NOT need a Mac Dev account. An iOS Dev account would do.

I have no problem accessing it on my Windows Dev machine. iCloud had been spotty these couple days, give it time and it should sort itself out.

anon175469

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi - ever get this figured out? I'm not a dev and don't have any dev accounts, but have an individual account I just started with today. I've tried with two different Apple ID's in two different locations and get this error every time, exactly as the OP describes. Looks like this:

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just wait till Apple finally cares about the PC version of iCloud....otherwise your wasting your time.

Icloud for windows 7 works great,

then to the OP, are you using the same icloud control program that you had in August when you wrote this thread? I would download the newest version if that is the case.

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Icloud for windows 7 works great,

then to the OP, are you using the same icloud control program that you had in August when you wrote this thread? I would download the newest version if that is the case.

I'll have to look for the latest (which i downloaded like 1 or 2 weeks ago) because i'm on wins 7 64bit and its useless...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77