MobileMe & iPad not syncing calendar items

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
so i created events in my calendar: 1 from iphone, 1 from ipad. the created event from iphone synced with my iphone & mobileme (via PC). i then tried creating a calendar appointment from my ipad. it did not sync with iphone nor mobileme online. so i decided to create a test appointment from my pc via me.com. this synced to my iphone, but not ipad.

so apparently i am not syncing from ipad to PC and vice versa. it was working just fine a couple weeks ago. not sure what has changed since then. before posting this thread i have ensured all of my calendars have been selected to sync in my mome settings on ipad. i have attempted to delete the mobileme account from the ipad and then re-create it and do a full sync. this didn't have any effect. even tried resprings & reboots of ipad. my OS is below in my signature line.

is anyone else having any sync issues between mobile me and calendar items?

i'm not thinking clearly anymore so i turn to you all for advice.

thanks in advance!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Fixed. I was using the "upgraded" version of the mom calendar so I needed to manually install the calendar as an iCal Acct on the iPad. If ID read the instructions apple sent to me originally I might have avoided the problem altogether.

Here's the link explaining how to add the iCal Acct on your iPad: http://help.apple.com/mobileme/interface/index.html#mmcc733205

Oh and FYI, if anyone needs/wants to downgrade to the old version of MobileMe calendar, here's the link: http://me.com/calendar/downgrade/

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
It appears iOS 4.2.1 has fixed this error. I was able to shut off the calendar sync for the "cal.me" setting and activated the mobileme calendar sync. It immediately reloaded all of my mome calendar items. I was then able to create & edit calendar items from my iPhone and iPad. I have not yet been able to test creating & editing from my pc. Assuming that works too, but you know what happens when you assume...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon