Do you cheat?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I am in it for the health aspect. If I don't hit them then shame on me. If you cheat then you don't really get the results that you should. Same goes for when I see people using their arms more or moving them while standing still. Makes no sense to me. If they want high numbers then just attach it to your dog.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't cheat but I've had two days now since buying my first watch in April where I was credited for things I did not do in the activity app.

I have three watches and I frequently will take one off in the middle of the day and wear another. On Mothers day, I did this and immediately upon putting my ceramic watch on, I was credited with the Mothers day award and I had not gone out walking yet and I didn't even have any minutes in to qualify but I got the award.

Monday was my second day off as I have Sundays off too. I was lazy and didn't expect to fill any of the rings except for the stand ring. I had one of my watches still paired to my 6S so I unpaired it to use with my 6S+ that I normally use for exercise. As soon as it was paired and setup, I was credited for all three rings and I should have only gotten the stand one filled. Check out my screen cap from the activity app for this day. Notice there is no exercise in the graph but the ring is still filled. I also only had about 300 calories in but it gave me 417. Not sure where it got the stats from for the rings.

Attachments

• IMG_0811.PNG
    IMG_0811.PNG
    618.2 KB · Views: 1

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I've not thought about changing my goals on my rest days. Interesting.....

I believe I’m very active for someone almost 60 but a big MTB ride or taking a run I do farther can create a day where I must have some more recovery or back off. If not I get too hurt to carry on regular exercise. For now I’m going with 500 calories set. Sure a 1500 or 2000 day is way more but that 500 achievable for an old guy doing white collar work when connective tissue and muscle needs recovery or to cut inflammation.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I believe I’m very active for someone almost 60 but a big MTB ride or taking a run I do farther can create a day where I must have some more recovery or back off. If not I get too hurt to carry on regular exercise. For now I’m going with 500 calories set. Sure a 1500 or 2000 day is way more but that 500 achievable for an old guy doing white collar work when connective tissue and muscle needs recovery or to cut inflammation.

I think 1500-2000 active calories burned a day is active for just about any age! I am sure that on my rest days I don't even come close to 500 active calories

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After 130 days of hammering the bike rides and activities - closing the rings 130x - I had to take a break. I cut back for 2 days and feel better. 53 were 1000+ days, 23 1500+ days and 23 2000+ calories.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Well heck I wish my watch thought that... I always miss out on my stand goal even when I'm standing most of the day at work!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2