Gmail and exchange mail

fire6

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to get a iphone 5, leaving BB. I use a lot of email Gmail for personal and exchange for work. I also use calendar for both. Does the new IOS6 sync both well? I have seen a few posts that exchange stops syncing after awhile. Is anybody using both email types that can give me some guidance?
Thanks

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Exchange has always worked great for me on iOS. There have been a few issues that some people are
experiencing with iOS 6. But, I don't think they're issues that Apple won't fix in a 6.0.1 update.

- - - Updated - - -

Exchange has always worked great for me on iOS. There have been a few issues that some people are
experiencing with iOS 6. But, I don't think they're issues that Apple won't fix in a 6.0.1 update.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to get a iphone 5, leaving BB. I use a lot of email Gmail for personal and exchange for work. I also use calendar for both. Does the new IOS6 sync both well? I have seen a few posts that exchange stops syncing after awhile. Is anybody using both email types that can give me some guidance?
Thanks

I, too, am a former Blackberry user and I can tell you that your leap to the iPhone should be pleasant and should meet your needs, especially in regard to email. I have gmail (setup via Exchange) and it syncs flawlessly with my device. Setting up your gmail via the Microsoft Exchange setup is self explanatory. The only information you need to remember is the server (m.google.com). Really, it's very simple.

fire6

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have one more question. If I install Gmail and work email both on exchange can I have different notification tones to differentiate between the two accounts?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Thanks

Set up your personal gmail as exchange as well. Works like a champ.

Good Luck