GMail as Exchange not pushing email on iOS 6

jimfam

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. All you need to do is turn off all mail accounts except one. Then the fast loading begins. Must be a fault in running more than one.
Almost seems like it gets confused on which mail account to use.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have had GMAIL set to push via Exchange on my 4, my 4s and now my 5 and it has always worked flawlessly. I would double-check all your settings (exchange account settings) again and make sure you don't have anything incorrect.

bb to ios

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chris
Am facing similar issue. I have both my gmail a/c and my corporate a/c set up on iphn5. The mails do not get pushed (miss BB for that). It does only when i click on mails, shows it is connecting then updating and finally displays the new mails. Depressing coz i ve been missing out on imp emails that require my immediate response.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi Chris
Am facing similar issue. I have both my gmail a/c and my corporate a/c set up on iphn5. The mails do not get pushed (miss BB for that). It does only when i click on mails, shows it is connecting then updating and finally displays the new mails. Depressing coz i ve been missing out on imp emails that require my immediate response.

Under Settings-Mail, Contacts, Calendar-Fetch New Data, go under Fetch and set it to 15 minutes, or 30. Gmail doesn't push on iOS. As for the corporate account, is it exchange? It should be, but to make sure, go to Advanced and tap the account. Make sure it says push.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Chris

As mentioned above, Gmail no longer pushes on iOS (except for paid Google Apps accounts) but that only refers to the native Mail app. If you use the Gmail app you DO get push.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77