The tech is there to be able to do the smaller bezels so not doing it is essentially outdated IMO.

I'm looking forward to smaller bezels and larger screens with the same (or even smaller) form factor.
    Thanks Robert, my sentiments exactly.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-07-2017 07:41 AM
    The tech is there to be able to do the smaller bezels so not doing it is essentially outdated IMO.

I'm looking forward to smaller bezels and larger screens with the same (or even smaller) form factor.
    It'd be nice to have the Plus in a smaller form factor. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
    08-07-2017 10:53 PM
    It'd be nice to have the Plus in a smaller form factor. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
    Or an even larger screen in the Plus form factor
    08-08-2017 07:26 AM
    Or an even larger screen in the Plus form factor
    Yes!
    And hopefully a 20% increase in battery life due to the L-shaped battery. Fast charging would be nice too
    08-08-2017 07:28 AM
    Yes!
    And hopefully a 20% increase in battery life due to the L-shaped battery. Fast charging would be nice too
    any increase in battery life is good!
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-08-2017 07:31 AM
    Bezels are great. Phones without them are awkward to use. Hope Apple keeps bezels
    08-08-2017 07:43 AM
    So with the new crop of android devices, and the rumored iPhone 8 with minimal bezels, do you think that smartphones with large bezels now look outdated?
    No, not necessarily. Just, different. It's a packaging just like the iPhone SE has a different one. So, no, not dated, just different and I think both form factors can exist next to each other.
    08-10-2017 09:17 AM
    Of course large bezels are outdated. It's not just an aesthetic consideration. If you are using a Plus model that only has a 5.5" screen, but is literally the size of a small tablet vs a phone with a 5.8" screen that is the size of a 5" phone, then you will understand the absolute convenience at the core of bezel shrinking.
    08-10-2017 09:50 AM
    From an aesthetics standpoint, yes, the larger bezels look outdated. From a usability standpoint, I always feel like I'm this-close to dropping the S8+ and still get many, many annoying accidental touches - because it's basically bezel-less. None of that happens with the iPhone 7 Plus.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-10-2017 09:53 AM
    How did I miss this? I'm totally digging the no, or little bezel look of today's phones. I'm an early adopter, having imported a Xiaomi Mi Mix from China. I also use the S8 currently. What the S8 and other small bezel phones do so well is give you a large display in a small footprint. The Mix did this also, to some degree, although it was just SO large of a screen, it just didn't matter.

Now that being said, I really don't mind the bezels on a well made phone such as the iPhone 7/7 Plus (I have a 7 Plus), or the Pixel/Pixel XL (Had a Pixel, and now have an XL), or the OnePlus 5 (yea yea had one ).
    08-28-2017 10:41 AM
    It depends on the phone, but in general I would say yes. The phones with minimal bezels are becoming the norm and in many cases are quite nice looking. The larger bezels, to me, are starting to look outdated.
    08-29-2017 11:06 AM
    For me the answer is no...at the moment. As others have said I have an iPhone 6 with a black bezel so when the phone isn't illuminated you'd never know whether the bezel is 1 mm or 1 inch. I currently have no interest in switching from iPhone so I've never looked at a Samsung phone with small bezels. They probably do look lovely but bezel size is way down my list of priorities; it's not like my current phone is mostly bezel.

I do think it could be like retina was. Once you switch there's no going back. You can live quite happily in your non-retina / large bezel world thinking all of the talk is typical overblown hype until you've used the newer device for even just a few minutes.
    08-29-2017 12:20 PM
    It is the latest trend and rush of all the phone manufacturers to go bezeless...... It should be ongoing for another year or two
    08-29-2017 12:37 PM
    Agree 100%. Same with the rumored OLED screen. The die hard apple fans used to claim apple doesn't need those screens, yet once they release an iPhone with one it will be the best thing since sliced bread.
    There goes the Iphone battery life........
    08-29-2017 12:38 PM
    I don't think so. I'm in love with my iPhone 7 Plus.
    08-31-2017 08:20 AM
    Lol beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    08-31-2017 08:58 AM
    Only the Plus iPhone models look dated which started with the iPhone 6 plus. The phone is just way too big only having a 5.5" screen.
    08-31-2017 02:23 PM
    Having used the 6s Plus now for almost 2 years, I don't ever think about the bezel. I certainly wouldn't pay $200 more for a phone just for smaller bezels.
    blackmagicwoman and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-31-2017 04:08 PM
    Having used the 6s Plus now for almost 2 years, I don't ever think about the bezel. .....
    Same here. I don’t even notice them....
    08-31-2017 09:10 PM
    They kinda do.. I mean the S8+ looks beautiful with thin bezels.
    Have you tried putting a tempered glass protector on the screen? Have you seen what most of the protective cases look like? I've used an S8, edge taps were still a thing for me. It's The main reason I'm still using an iPhone. I'm avoiding the bezel-less, edged screens Samsung is using.

Also, do d the S8 screen aspect ratio to be awful. The phone is like a Hershey Bar and the screen is so narrow (particularly when you factor in the edges, which reflect light like mad BTW) that even typing quickly becomes an issue.

I personally think people like them largely because of the look, and confirmation bias helps them to bury the negatives. I personally don't care what it looks like. Usability is king. I don't look at other people's phones that much, and barely care what they're carrying.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-03-2017 04:37 PM
    Have you tried putting a tempered glass protector on the screen? Have you seen what most of the protective cases look like? I've used an S8, edge taps were still a thing for me. It's The main reason I'm still using an iPhone. I'm avoiding the bezel-less, edged screens Samsung is using.

Also, do d the S8 screen aspect ratio to be awful. The phone is like a Hershey Bar and the screen is so narrow (particularly when you factor in the edges, which reflect light like mad BTW) that even typing quickly becomes an issue.

I personally think people like them largely because of the look, and confirmation bias helps them to bury the negatives. I personally don't care what it looks like. Usability is king. I don't look at other people's phones that much, and barely care what they're carrying.
    I’ve heard complaints regarding the screen protector on the S8. I’d be happy with a bezelless iPhone without it having any edged screens.
    09-03-2017 05:51 PM
    I don't mind the bezels. Sure going bezel-less is the current theme, and I enjoy window shopping all the new phones without bezels and I touch every part of that darn screen without intention (S8/S8+ I am talking to you!). You almost have to put a case on it. However, given time of ownership I'm sure it's not as bad as I make it out to be.

I tend to lean towards liking the G6 and V30 vs the S8/S8+/Note 8. I'm just a flat screener I guess.

I don't notice bezels when I'm using a phone anyway. I do notice how heavy a phone is when I drop it on my face in bed though.
    09-04-2017 10:48 AM
    Interestingly it looks like the new iPhones except the X will still have the big bezels!
    09-13-2017 11:42 AM
48 12