MacBook Pro software problem

msimiliano

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi Rene good day

I have a question for you.
Yesterday I had a problem with my new MacBook Pro 15" 2016. After some work I've switched off and then after five minutes tried to on it again logging in in my account when the problem started. After typing my password the system was trying to boot but going in a loop status (dark screen and constant wheel). I've tried everything , Pram and smc reset , tried to repair the disk with Utility disk but without luck.
At the hand I had to reinstall OS X formatting the disk , no other way , my account was irreparably damaged .
The last thing I remember I did before to switch off the laptop was to uninstall teamviewer with CleanMyMac and using Excel , nothing else.
So my question is , can a software like CleanMyMac create a such disaster ? Can it be that it has damaged the system to that extent ?
Or do you know anything else that can be the cause of my issue ?
I had the following apps installed :
Dropbox
Microsoft Office
Acrobat reader
AutoCAD
Photoshop Elements 10
Sketchup 2017
Graphic
CleanMyMac (latest version)
Magnet
Le-VPN
Chrome

Thank you in advance
Regards
Max

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You stated, "after some work, I've switched off...". Did you let the MacBook power down properly or did you just turn it off? If the latter, that action could indeed cause problems.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I use CleanMyMac a couple of times a day and haven't had a single problem with it. I've also uninstalled Office 365 with CleanMyMac when I changed subscriptions, reinstalled it and it works fine. I have a feeling you have a defective machine. I would take it back to Apple, or where ever you purchased it from, and have them replace it. I had 2 defective MacBook Pro units... so it can happen. In my case, everytime I booted up Memory would nearly go to zero from 256 gigs. In both cases, Apple couldn't explain what was going on but replaced the unit... the third one was a charm and has worked perfectly for the past 8 months. Of course mine is the last MacBook Pro prior to the 2016 model, but was manufactured in 2015 when I purchased it. I would simply take it back if you can.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2