Phone was left overnight and got muddy, what do I do?

I

iMore Question

Phone was left overnight and got muddy

Nephew left/lost his phone outside while it was raining - luckily it had a case though i doubt it protected it much. When we found the next day it it was covered in mud so I cleaned it on the outside and took off the screen so it can dry out. After 4 days I put it back together and it doesn't charge nor turn on. When I looked closer inside, the top part is whitish and there was quite a bite of dust around the phone. There is some whitish dust and a bit of rust of the shielding on the motherboard. There was quite a bit of dust around the earpiece speaker and the screen shielding.

Was just wondering if it's worth trying to repair the phone by replacing the battery, earpiece e.t.c if they are broken or just getting a new one?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone was left overnight and got muddy

Welcome to iMore. My best suggestion is to get a new phone. Sounds like the odds of it coming back to life would be extremely thin. No sense in putting money into it when there is no guarantee it will come to life. You could end up spending more than it is worth and still have to buy a new one. And if you do get it working, how long will it last. So many issues can show up down the road.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2