Typing, grammar and punctuation

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh WOW I LOVE the New York and New Jersey ACCENTS!!!!

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I LOVE IT!!!!! That, and the Mississippi/Louisiana accent.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
They all have relevance...sports teaches discipline and team work, focused creative classes obviously teach varying types of creative function. Cursive writing, to me, should have been something reserved for artistic education, because the truth is, the use of cursive was more of a cosmetic function (with some speed designed into the style).

When I was in college, I took 3 separate calligraphy courses just because I was always interested in learning such, and it was amazing how much cursive played into that style of writing. If a child was approached with an artistic mind set to cursive writing instead of a necessitative requirement kind of route, I think cursive writing would be alive and well today.

I get what you are saying and I realize most of society thinks the same but I think sports teaches uniformity and to not think creatively more than anything else. The "let's-all-dress-alike-and-do-the-same-thing" lifestyle has never appealed to me. From sports to bikers..... I've never understood it. Discipline and team work can be taught a million ways without the sports....... but that's for another thread.

I think the plain and simple of it is that cursive writing is not being taught because computers with keyboards rule the world and cursive writing is not as important as used to be. There are also a million ways to be creative without cursive writing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77