You know what really grinds my gears? "I'm switching from Android to iOS" threads...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm alone on this...and it definitely doesn't apply to ALL of the threads of this nature, just most of them.

So I know you've all seen them. The threads where a long time/life time Android device user decides he/she is going to make the move to an iOS device...they usually title it "I'm coming to the darkside" or just the generic "Android user moving to iOS...", and then they go into their whole life story about how they've always been a fan of Android, how they've always preferred it, how they love this and that and the other about how "OPEN" the Android OS is...but how they want stability, and they like the form factor of the iPhone and they want to "try out iOS" to see what all the fuss is about.

I mean I can't help it...9 times out of 10, it just screams "I'm gracing you with our master races presence, welcome me with your groveling arms open!" The tone is almost always that of someone who is coming from a higher place and deciding to slum it for a while to "try out iOS", and the fact that they almost always have to tell us all about their android experience just seals the deal for me when it comes to me even opening the threads in the first place.

Like I said, maybe I'm the minority here and this is just a ranting opinion not commonly shared, but after years of it, I can't help but to see the flagrant condescension oozing out of the words in those threads.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77