Is IMessage down right now?

dusty78

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My iMessage just went down (currently in northern NJ) on Verizon. It was working fine then all of a sudden I was getting messages to my apple watch but not my phone then to neither. If I try to send a message it fails and then sends as an SMS. Anyone else experiencing this? I recently (2 days ago) switched from an iPhone 6 on sprint to 6 plus on Verizon. My port went through so that's not it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Have u tried cutting your data connection off them back on ? Or try restarting the device. Mine is working pretty fine, when I get in a bad signal area though it sends them as a regular message

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

dusty78

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes I tried all of that. About an hour after the interruption I started getting messages that were sent hours ago. Weird

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
The only other things I can suggest are calling Verizon & having them reset your network or a hard reset. Holding down the power & home button till the apple logo appears

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it was a temporary thing, I wouldn't worry about it...sometimes the carrier data network can go down, sometimes Apple's servers can go down...as long as it doesn't continue to do that consistently, I wouldn't put much thought into it.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My iMessage just went down (currently in northern NJ) on Verizon. It was working fine then all of a sudden I was getting messages to my apple watch but not my phone then to neither. If I try to send a message it fails and then sends as an SMS. Anyone else experiencing this? I recently (2 days ago) switched from an iPhone 6 on sprint to 6 plus on Verizon. My port went through so that's not it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Interesting! I'm in eastern PA, also on Verizon, and also had a similar problem late Monday night. I was messaging with a friend when all the sudden I stopped getting her Messages, and most of my outgoing messages didn't send. Even more confusing was that my iPad received her Messages - just not my iPhone.

It started working again after awhile. And as you said, after a few hours all the messages she sent me earlier in the evening came in.

I figured it was my iPhone acting up, but after reading this maybe it was a network thing after all.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2