APPLE CARE : accidental damage, each incident being subject to a ?55 excess fee ???

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
APPLE CARE : and (ii) up to two incidents of accidental damage, each incident being subject to a ?55 excess fee.

what does that mean , so apple will still charge me ?55 for a incident iPhone damage even tho i have purchased the ?79 APPLE CARE ?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
APPLE CARE : and (ii) up to two incidents of accidental damage, each incident being subject to a ?55 excess fee.

what does that mean , so apple will still charge me ?55 for a incident iPhone damage even tho i have purchased the ?79 APPLE CARE ?

For iPhones there are two levels of coverage - the basic AppleCare is free (included in purchase price) - which covers manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year (some countries requires 2 year coverage), and include 90 days of telephone support.

The extended coverage is called AppleCare+ (PLUS). This costs $99 USD and covers manufacturing defects and accidental damage plus telephone support for 2 years. This covers everything but theft and loss, and for physical damage and other non-manufacturing defects, you get two replacements within the 2 year coverage period for an added fee, depending on the device model.

Yeah, you buy the coverage and then have to pay for the replacements as a "deductible".

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
For iPhones there are two levels of coverage - the basic AppleCare is free (included in purchase price) - which covers manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year (some countries requires 2 year coverage), and include 90 days of telephone support.

The extended coverage is called AppleCare+ (PLUS). This costs $99 USD and covers manufacturing defects and accidental damage plus telephone support for 2 years. This covers everything but theft and loss, and for physical damage and other non-manufacturing defects, you get two replacements within the 2 year coverage period for an added fee, depending on the device model.

Yeah, you buy the coverage and then have to pay for the replacements as a "deductible".

replacing the whole iPhone ( give you a new one ) cost ?199 in UK .

replacing screen cost ? 99 in UK

so if I pay ?79 for apple care , then I pay ?55 for let say the whole new iPhone or screen or whatever, , it would be a total of ?134

it means I saved ?65 .

I have never damage my iPhone more twice in my 6 years of iPhone useage , so

so we'll let say I damage the iPhone again within the 2 years and I pay ?55 again to get a new iPhone , then I saved ?144 .

only if I managed to damaged it within 2 years time

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
replacing the whole iPhone ( give you a new one ) cost ?199 in UK .

replacing screen cost ? 99 in UK

so if I pay ?79 for apple care , then I pay ?55 for let say the whole new iPhone or screen or whatever, , it would be a total of ?134

it means I saved ?65 .

I have never damage my iPhone more twice in my 6 years of iPhone useage , so

so we'll let say I damage the iPhone again within the 2 years and I pay ?55 again to get a new iPhone , then I saved ?144 .

only if I managed to damaged it within 2 years time

What I stated is how AppleCare+ works. Whether or not it's a good deal is up to the individual to decide.

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Apple care+ may not "be worth it," but I sure do enjoy the piece of mind that comes with having it. It is easier to pay $79 to get my phone either fixed or replaced if I break it then having to pay possibly $100's of dollars. I may never use it, but it's nice to know I'm covered just in case.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77