A lot will. That said, Android apps are far less polished than Windows Phone apps and doing this will eliminate any desire anyone has to build apps for Windows Phone.

Android apps are of poor quality, ugly and ultimately, the fact that you can develop an Android app and have it play on both platforms will dissuade people from building Windows Phone apps which are much more polished. I went Windows Phone for the most polished experience and now they're doing this...
    Well they do say everyone is entitled to their opinion so I guess you are too. I certainly know that virtually everything I've ever seen from other sources lean completely opposite to you. WP apps are bareboned and severely lacking in features and quality compared to Android apps
    07-10-2014 09:12 AM
    I was all Blackberry until around 2011 when i tried an android. Didn't like it and got the iPhone 4. Haven't looked back. I recommend iPhone but everyone likes different things. I also like the mac line up as well.
    07-10-2014 09:58 AM
    Which carrier is your Z10 on? I am thinking I want to try one for the Blackberry Hub, but TMO no longer sells them.....

~S
    Mine is for T-Mobile. They sell a ton of them in good shape on CB. That's a great place to get one in good shape. =]

I'd save for a bit and try the Z30 though. Besides having lower PPI and an Amoled screen, everything else about the phone is better. It's faster, bigger screen, and 100% better battery life too.

I didn't like the Z30 because I was spoiled by the display on my Note 3, Z10 and 5c.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.
    gazoo2010 likes this.
    07-10-2014 10:19 AM
    Well they do say everyone is entitled to their opinion so I guess you are too. I certainly know that virtually everything I've ever seen from other sources lean completely opposite to you. WP apps are bareboned and severely lacking in features and quality compared to Android apps
    LOL are you knocked on the head? Dumbest crap I've ever seen posted

troll.
    I kind of agree that android apps seem a bit less uniform and don't go as smoothly with the UI. Windows apps I'm not too familiar with but I don't like the layout on WP anyways. iPhone apps always seem to have a slight polish to them and look almost 100% native. Just my opinion though. =]

07-10-2014 10:22 AM
    Yay for you! ...
    07-10-2014 10:35 AM
    I think Apple has the best tablets but loses in phones. As long as you use services that work on both platforms, just go with what works better for you.

I gave up Android tablets because they would inevitably get slowdowns, crashes, or hardware issues. I need a 7" tablet that works and at that time iPad Mini Retina seemed as the best choice - there were larger premium Android tablets that looked just as good in specs and possibly reliability but nothing this size.

A phone is a different beast, though. It's something I use on the go. With phone, I need fast access to data entry and retrieval (like looking up or adding a meeting or something in Evernote). I need a long lasting battery. I need a large screen. I need to store 8 gb worth of music for bike trips or workouts, plus all of the apps and docs. All of this pretty much rules out the iPhone for me. My Evo 4g LTE And wife's Samsung Galaxy meet all of this criteria. So when it's time for me to update my phone, I'll just go with the latest Galaxy as it's been the best of the two.
    07-10-2014 11:56 AM
    Android will no longer be in existence by 2020..I'd go Apple.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    07-10-2014 11:59 AM
    I'm interested in hearing how the platform that dominates global market share today will be out of existence in six years.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    07-10-2014 01:07 PM
    As a financial analyst you'd make billions, as you seem to have the info the others lack.

Since maintaining a strong presence on mobile devices is vital to Google survival, I doubt they would ever get out of mobile OS market.

And 2020 is far away. By then, a lot of things will change, likely including what you call a phone.
    07-10-2014 01:09 PM
    As a financial analyst you'd make billions, as you seem to have the info the others lack.

Since maintaining a strong presence on mobile devices is vital to Google survival, I doubt they would ever get out of mobile OS market.

And 2020 is far away. By then, a lot of things will change, likely including what you call a phone.
    Ain't that the truth. I can't even fathom the devices in 2020.

07-10-2014 01:26 PM

Make no mistakes....Bing will be the new Google.......Windows phones will obliterate Android. The only thing keeping windows from dominating Android is the lack of apps. Microsoft will rule the world!

Mwahahaha Mwahahaha Mwahahaha Mwahahaha!!
    Last edited by hydrogen3; 07-10-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    07-10-2014 01:56 PM
    Do you guys think the "third or fourth platform" has become a myth in this iPhone/Android dominated world?
    07-10-2014 07:53 PM
    Do you guys think the "third or fourth platform" has become a myth in this iPhone/Android dominated world?
    As in there really only two platforms? I don't think we're quite there yet, but it's kinda going that way I think. Probably nothing's going to catch android. It's iOS and WP fighting for second now.
    07-10-2014 10:26 PM
    As in there really only two platforms? I don't think we're quite there yet, but it's kinda going that way I think. Probably nothing's going to catch android. It's iOS and WP fighting for second now.
    I do agree with this. I think the gap has gotten so far that it's totally impossible to win over a significant amount of users at this point.
    07-10-2014 10:27 PM
    Not so fast, I think Samsung is about to kick Android to the curb, and go with their own Tizen OS & Intel processors ...
    07-10-2014 11:09 PM
    Not so fast, I think Samsung is about to kick Android to the curb, and go with their own Tizen OS & Intel processors ...
    They would fail if they did so. I know most people think of samsung phones as samsungs phones, not android, but there is not way they can divorce themselves from Google and the play store and still be as successful as they have been.
    07-10-2014 11:15 PM
    I am thinking of using Microsoft services like one drive, office, one note, calendar, and outlook.com on my iOS and Apple devices, but do they work well even though there Microsoft services? Is googles offerings better? I'm unsure how much I care about the privacy issue with google. I just know I like one drive better than drive and office better than google docs I think.
    07-10-2014 11:19 PM
    They would fail if they did so. I know most people think of samsung phones as samsungs phones, not android, but there is not way they can divorce themselves from Google and the play store and still be as successful as they have been.
    I think you're in for a surprise ...
    07-10-2014 11:27 PM
    I am thinking of using Microsoft services like one drive, office, one note, calendar, and outlook.com on my iOS and Apple devices, but do they work well even though there Microsoft services? Is googles offerings better? I'm unsure how much I care about the privacy issue with google. I just know I like one drive better than drive and office better than google docs I think.
    I use all the office products and they work very well. I love Onedrive.
    07-10-2014 11:42 PM
    I don't think WP will ever beat iOS. Until developers are actually interested in developing for it, and until Windows makes a better looking and less confusing OS, I don't see WP ever overtaking iOS. But that's just my opinion
    07-11-2014 12:35 AM
    I use all the office products and they work very well. I love Onedrive.
    Are you using them on iOS and a Mac?
    07-11-2014 12:44 AM
    Only because the other contenders didn't make a real effort, or got lazy / complacent / lacking vision. Palm had lots going for them but didn't produce any real advances in the very crucial years just before the first iPhone. M$ had a very good OS in WM6 complete with things like true multitasking or networking or direct use of Office formats, and they certainly had the resources, they could've turned it into a monster and a very real competitor to Apple even before the Android, but in a true MS fashion they just never committed enough to fixing it, and just buried it. A few years back WM was an excellent OS lacking only in finger friendliness - and MS waited far too long to fix simple interface issues. Now they are playing catch and many former users - myself included - are very wary of ever going with MS again.

So yeah, there's only 2 platforms. Although MS has that vision of eventually merging the desktop and phone Windows into a single system, and if they do it right and have the hardware to support it, they may all of a sudden become very big again.
    07-11-2014 12:48 PM
    Nah, not really. Most people have more than one device, and having multiple OS and multiple interfaces and ways of doing things and having to buy soft for different platforms all becomes a major PITA. With Apple you have the brand loyalty and the perception of quality / "me too" factor, with Android you have tons of hardware choices at any price point, I just don't see Samsung finding their own niche as a major player in the market with their own OS - MS has been at this for several years now with little success so far.
    07-11-2014 12:55 PM
    Android apps are of poor quality, ugly and ultimately, the fact that you can develop an Android app and have it play on both platforms will dissuade people from building Windows Phone apps which are much more polished. I went Windows Phone for the most polished experience and now they're doing this...
    I disagree. WP is such a huge pile of suck they've had to reset the OS several times now and people STILL aren't buying it except fringe outliers like you. And look where you are now. There's nothing polished about that app starved, slow and late to implement features mess whatsoever.
    07-11-2014 05:09 PM
    Like the surprise Bada brought us?

On another topic:

I personally don't like WP but everyone has their preferences.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.
    07-12-2014 06:23 AM
58 123