Apple User Thoughts On BlackBerry Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
you can buy that and people will say its ugly its free for them to say that and they will forget that moment as soon as they walk away and they continue to have a good day while you it cost you money to get the passport and you will never forget that moment when people say its ugly and you will ranting on the crackberry.com all year long about how people hate blackberry

Whenever Blackberry launches a new phone I go over to crackberry to see the nonsense about everyone hating on blackberry. This time I'm afraid that I might just run into some serious window licking.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I picked it up the other day and thought to myself... "What in gods name is..." Then the lady at the counter said sir your otterbox is here and I left and never thought about it again...

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I picked it up the other day and thought to myself... "What in gods name is..." Then the lady at the counter said sir your otterbox is here and I left and never thought about it again...
You made contact with one? Might want to get yourself tested ;)

Issa-7

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
How so?
Its a 4.5 inch square display. With the black bars on top and beneath the movie, wouldn't the corresponding surface area equal just 2.25 inches (16:9 movie aspect ratio) of viewing real estate to enjoy the movie. Surprisingly small.

yep the black bar.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
What BlackBerry should release:

273587d1401040809t-blackberry-z50-concept-bbz25_1.png

What BlackBerry actually releases:

14480552583_4990529511_o.png

2903243.gif

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well if someone gave me a Passport I would use it as an odd shaped Frisbee or perhaps attach a pole and use is as a snow shovel.
I'm done with BlackBerry for good. On Wednesday I tried 10.3 and IT IS AS HIDEOUS as the Quasimodo phone. I reverted back to 10.2 and now I can't access my backup. So now I'll have to manually drop them into an SD card for the Note 4 that I'll be buying.
Wednesday was the end of the line for me with BlackBerry. Making my backup inaccessible was the end. I'm done. I'll remember fondly my 8310 and my 9700. Those were the glory days. It's been a dive since then. And I'm not touching the Quasimodo with a ten foot pole.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
As a former crackberry addict, it's sad to see what they are putting out. They needed to focus on opening BBM to other OS before iMessage became the norm.

Someone take the company out back, and take it out of its misery.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard also seems to be a step back. It's like typing in landscape mode on my iPad mini or 6+; it doesn't seem pleasant. Hopefully they have one on display at the AT&T store when I go look at 6+ cases.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well if someone gave me a Passport I would use it as an odd shaped Frisbee or perhaps attach a pole and use is as a snow shovel.
I'm done with BlackBerry for good. On Wednesday I tried 10.3 and IT IS AS HIDEOUS as the Quasimodo phone. I reverted back to 10.2 and now I can't access my backup. So now I'll have to manually drop them into an SD card for the Note 4 that I'll be buying.
Wednesday was the end of the line for me with BlackBerry. Making my backup inaccessible was the end. I'm done. I'll remember fondly my 8310 and my 9700. Those were the glory days. It's been a dive since then. And I'm not touching the Quasimodo with a ten foot pole.

The peak of my glory days with Blackberry was the Bold 9000. I absolutely loved that phone and to this day it was my absolute favorite keyboard to ever use on a full qwerty physical keyboard.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The peak of my glory days with Blackberry was the Bold 9000. I absolutely loved that phone and to this day it was my absolute favorite keyboard to ever use on a full qwerty physical keyboard.

I wasn't too keen on the 9000. Mine has a terrible memory leak. I ended up going back to the 8310 and gave my ex my 9000. That was his first smartphone.

He's getting the Passport.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't too keen on the 9000. Mine has a terrible memory leak. I ended up going back to the 8310 and gave my ex my 9000. That was his first smartphone.

No wonder why he's an ex.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I had the Bold as well. While I do remember it with fondness, (the email experience was awesome. Keyboard was awesome.) I can't forget the poor build quality. That rear panel was so loose. It always rattled or creaked, unless you put something between the battery and panel, like a folded up piece of paper. The screen got distorted when you pushed the volume keys. The fit and finish was far from perfect. The random reboots and general OS instabilty, especially if you were running unofficial leaked "updates." I had to return my first Bold because of the Enter key on the keyboard not working properly. The trackball was a nightmare if it got dirty/dusty. Doing battery pulls got old. The old "Call Failed" and 3G to EDGE radio handoff problems. Oh, and the fact it was $400, with a 2-year contract...

The problems were so bad and widespread (despite what BB defenders would claim) I remember at least one carrier literally pulled the Bold and refused to sell it until RIM got their act together and addressed some of the issues, because their customer service centers and call lines were flooded with complaints, returns and replacements, and generally dissatisfied customers.

The build quality, the browser, OS problems, and the map, were the things that made me appreciate the iPhone 2G I had, and eventually led to me going back to Apple and getting an iPhone 3G. The camera sucked too... But the camera in the iPhones at the time wasn't that much better.

Last edited:

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

You called it quasimodo! :) haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2