Cellular data: how much are you using?

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to adjust from an unlimited plan for my iPhone only and 3GB for my iPad to a shared 10 GB plan. Currently I have 5 days remaining on my billing cycle, and at almost 8GB of use. I have used mine for: YouTube, Vevo, updating and downloading apps, music, web browsing, watching shows on Showtime and HBOGo, and using apps. Most of this on my iPad. I have used 1GB at the most on my iPhone.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.

This is kind of where I am. I'm used to a grandfathered unlimited plan when it was just me, so I never even worried about data usage.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Consider yourself very lucky. The german providers charge the heck out of their customers when it comes to data. I have an average (and rather old) t-mobile plan with 300MB data. The newer plans at around 40? include 750MB I think. If you want 1-3 GB you really have to pay a lot (like 50-80?)... T-mobile may be more on the expensive side but other providers are not so much butter/cheaper.

Damn. That DOES suck!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Between my phone and iPad about 6-7 gigs a month on a 10 gig plan. Usually it's less but I've been streaming NBA Playoff games on the road.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
On my iPhone I used about 2GB a month. I have 4 days left on my cycle and i have only used 1.2Gb on my new Android phone. I also used the internet more extensively with it as I had WIFI connectivity problems. I think my iPhone was using too much data.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
On my iPhone I used about 2GB a month. I have 4 days left on my cycle and i have only used 1.2Gb on my new Android phone. I also used the internet more extensively with it as I had WIFI connectivity problems. I think my iPhone was using too much data.

This is kind of interesting. My wife has a new samsung s5 and she doesn't use nearly as much data as I do. It could be the YouTube I was streaming but I know for sure she's on Facebook all the time along with streaming music for at least 4 hours during the day.

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
This is kind of interesting. My wife has a new samsung s5 and she doesn't use nearly as much data as I do. It could be the YouTube I was streaming but I know for sure she's on Facebook all the time along with streaming music for at least 4 hours during the day.

Yep, another friend went from an Android device to an iPhone 5s and found the opposite. He was going over his limit.

Sent from my Moto X...

Lulu2015

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Take a seat, you may be a little shocked!

I have a genuine unlimited data package from my mobile phone sim card, so I tether all that I want each month. For an average small cost with 3 Mobile, I use it on my tablet and pc, daytime or the evenings if and when I have the time. I have gotten rid of my UBS dongle and home broadband setup when I saw that I didn't need them anymore which is a huge plus.

I stream full documentaries and movies mostly when I have the time; view You Tube clips, BBCiplayer on occasions, listen to Spotify streaming, web surf, email, multi-task with word-processing and internet together, make short videos and transfer via cloud services, and research on-line. My minimum on the package has been 7GBs in my first month; often I do 25-30GBs a month, and have accumulated 45GBs and 61GB each, achieved over a monthly cycle also.

It is a rolling contract I hope to use as long as I can, as finding and using the internet now can be done anywhere, and is just a mobile phone device away at no extra cost.

Gratitude? You bet! Yes-sireee!!

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Ranges from month to month. Sometimes I'll use 3, but I've used up to 9. I average at around 6GB a month though. I'm always on Twitter and other social media, selfies be darned, and general web browsing and streaming from Google Play Music.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3gb plan with t-mo but on average I use about 1-1.5gb a month.. I'm always on Wi-Fi at home so that helps to keep my data low..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I keep my 5S on cellular 24/7 because it really doesn't use anymore battery life than on WiFi.

I have unlimited data on T-Mobile. Most months I use between 5-20GB. The most I ever used was 76GB and that was with tethering to my iPad to do everything just to see how much I could use.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Close to 5gb per month. I have an AT&T "unlimited" plan, and they throttle me over 5gb. I stream radio throughout the day over LTE, and I watch video, download apps, podcasts and app updates when I'm on wifi at home. I don't have access to wifi at work.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow... Most of the major ISP's here in Canada have a **** fit when you use more than 500 GB with your home internet... On mobile you would be lucky if they don't cut you off after 25 GB of usage...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

I'm doing that if I switch to T-Mobile later this year. That mod must be famous right now. There were only 2 people that ever did that AFAIK.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2