Which cloud based music storage do you use?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It works pretty great. I have my iPod synced to a BT speaker and use that in place of a stereo. Compared to the Android version, the iOS Cloud Player takes a fraction of a second longer to open initially. It isn't really problematic, just noticeable. I don't have a huge library so I keep everything store on the iPod. Amazon has done a fairly good job of matching CDs/iTunes albums to cover art that it doesn't have in its library.

The iOS version seems to do a better job of matching the music together though. For some reason on my Android apps, my copy of Don't Look Back by Boston is broken into two separate CDs (? there is only one 8 track CD for this album?) but it doesn't do that on iOS. A couple of my Christmas CDs have weird breaks (extra CDs etc that aren't on the actual album) but I'll excuse that for being obscure Christmas albums.

Not to sure about how Amazon figures my music should be broken into genre. I have Foreigner's discography but the only "classic rock" album is Mr. Moonlight, and the rest of it is mixed between "Rock" and "Pop"

Sound quality is great though.

Cloud player is screwy with track listings I have. Albums I have some are split into a bunch of different albums because the artists weren't all the same on the album or I have the track numbers out of order.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the closer integration with ios is appealing, but with something like this wouldn't I want better accessibility with more devices and ways to get at it like with web browsers? I mean, I'm not 100 percent sure I'll always be using a apple product .

You can easily pull your songs out of iTunes and import them into other cloud based services. iTunes dropped DRM on their songs long ago. You can use iTunes Match now, and easily copy all of the same songs into another service later. There is no lock in like there is with apps. There is absolutely no reason that you couldn't use iTunes Match now for the close integration with iOS devices, then later export all of your collection into Google Music if you change devices. Heck, you can stick your songs in both at once at the same time if you really want to.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be most people hate iTunes Match.

I'm not sure why you say that. I assume it's not from comments from this thread.

iTunes Match works well for me. I use iTunes Radio at home and work. I also do like google music as a back up. It's easy to keep updated so, why not? I also pay the 3.99 for Slacker because I like to listen to to new music and have the option of downloading the stations to my iPhone for use offline. iTunes Radio doesn't do that so it's a good combo.

Sent using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why you say that. I assume it's not from comments from this thread.

iTunes Match works well for me. I use iTunes Radio at home and work. I also do like google music as a back up. It's easy to keep updated so, why not? I also pay the 3.99 for Slacker because I like to listen to to new music and have the option of downloading the stations to my iPhone for use offline. iTunes Radio doesn't do that so it's a good combo.

Sent using Tapatalk

I was referring to all the articles I've seen ******** out iTunes Match.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Google Play Music. Because it's free & 20,000 songs.

That said 99.999% of the time i'm playing music or podcast off local storage. My data is not reliable enough to rely on the cloud. Another issue is i have tons of rap and i've noticed a few times google has screwed my music by adding edited versions. That's a pain to fix. I don't care about downloading. I still have local copies of all my music on my computer too. Itunes isn't an option until they provide 20k songs for free with matching for uploading. Not to mention i have like 6 google email accounts. I've got about 18k songs in it now, most uploaded before matching was available mind you. If i ever need more thatn 20000k songs i can just use a second or third account.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Amazon cloud. Works fine on Windows, iOS, and Android for me.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the iMore Forum Android app.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As I have just uploaded to my Itunes Match a good number of 129 albums, I will never get bored on a road trip again...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2