Which MacBook Pro 15" 2018 model for personal use, student, and amateur photography?

I

iMore Question

I have done a lot of research but I still do not know if I should be the base model ($2399) or mid-upgrade ($2799).

I will be using the macbook for:

- Daily research for classes
- Netflix during free time
- Listening to music while doing homework or researching
- Web surf
- Online streaming for local channels and YouTube videos
- Amateur photography editing (Lightroom cc)
- Amateur video editing (GoPro mainly so far, future canon m5 videos). It is basically home videos about family, friends, and trips. Nothing commercial and for youtube.
- Email, Microsoft, iMessage, FaceTime.

I also do a lot of multitasking while doing homework or researching for something in the web. I have the habit to listen or watch something in the background while doing homework. So I can be writing a paper while running Netflix in the back.

What would you guys recommend? I currently use an iMac 21" 2013 maxed out and it is slow half of the time. I want something portable but with power to run my task and last longer before next upgrade.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Please feel free to join our forums. I would suggest getting the best you can afford.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I may, I would recommend a 13” MacBook Pro for the uses you’ve mentioned, and you may find the smaller size more portable.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I went with the 256 GB base model 15 inch couldn’t be happier. Got a one gig SSD put it in an enclosure for an external drive for all downloaded content. if you watching a lot of Netflix 15 inch screen, I think you’ll be happy with. Portability is not that bad but then again I am not carrying it around school I’m mostly driving in the car so for me the 15 inch was a better choice.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I recently got a MacBook 12 inch for personal use. I took it back today, and got the 13 inch MacBook Pro even though I'm a light user now, I will be able to do more on it as my habits change. I do find myself using it more, and more. I use it on my breaks at work, at church, and everywhere else. I think I made the right choice. I even use it to text message, and FaceTime when I'm home, and don't bother reaching for my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucasEMS