I was hoping by this time to be seeing articles about things like touch ID on the 5S and/or activation lock on the iphone 4 and above, telling us that iphone thefts has gone down or not gone down. So far I'm seeing sensationalist stories that falsely imply the iphone is about as secure as a screen door, but nothing showing real world numbers on how the new features are effecting thefts and recoveries. (number of muggings and thefts pre-iOS 7 vs after its release, or pre-touch ID vs after)

I was hoping maybe some of you guys have found what I'm looking for and can provide links.
    10-05-2013 05:47 PM
    I was hoping by this time to be seeing articles about things like touch ID on the 5S and/or activation lock on the iphone 4 and above, telling us that iphone thefts has gone down or not gone down. So far I'm seeing sensationalist stories that falsely imply the iphone is about as secure as a screen door, but nothing showing real world numbers on how the new features are effecting thefts and recoveries. (number of muggings and thefts pre-iOS 7 vs after its release, or pre-touch ID vs after)

I was hoping maybe some of you guys have found what I'm looking for and can provide links.

I have no information to share. My iPhone has not been stolen.
    lloydpearsoniv likes this.
    10-05-2013 06:19 PM
    I plan on test dummying my i5 at the local bar. I'll leave it in the bathroom with a note like I use to see on the side window of cars that said something like stereo will not work when removed from car

Always wondered if that worked????

Sent from my iPhone 5
    10-05-2013 06:30 PM
    It will take a while for those kind of stats to show up. After all, first the thrives have to get some they cannot restore and sell and then maybe they'll get the idea that it's not worth it. Or maybe they'll just start selling them for parts. Only time will tell.
    10-05-2013 07:12 PM
    Anti-theft features working great...phone hasn't been stolen.
    10-06-2013 12:02 AM