Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 64.81%
  • Maybe

21 19.44%
  • No

17 15.74%
    Nothing beats iOS in its simplicity and usability I am using nexus 4 as well and in my view apple products our far more superior than any other make available today ...

The question of upgrade depends upon lot of factors

a. Major Hardware Upgrade
    b. A new feature which is still not available on any other platforms
    c. Pricing

Apple as always will come out something new which is not available on earlier models the question is how interesting and new feature that would be to entice people to go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-08-2013 10:34 PM
    I have tried just about every phone. You name it, and I have had it! Yet, I always return to the iPhone. Nothing can touch it!
    04-08-2013 11:12 PM
    My family has one IPHONE 4S, one GS3 and one Z10. Each does what it needs to do for the users so we always start by making sure the device matches all the users top 10 needs. If iPhone 5s/6/7 does that, it will be purchased.
    04-09-2013 05:50 PM
    I'm getting closer everyday to saying no, the ancient, cluttered, non-user friendliness of the OS is just too much. The persistent battery issue's, freezes that require full restores (where even my backup somehow vanished and I lost literally years of various data) has me wondering if all the so-called problems with Android is nothing but BS. I'm tired of waiting for Apple to step out of 2007 when they never will, the only real problems I had when I had a Galaxy was it's build quality, and various minor issue's with android 4.0. All those issue's are gone with the HTC One which is aluminum like the iPhone, not a flimsy plastic toy like Samsung phones, it has a large battery, a super high dpi screen, and Jellybean.

Apple needs to wake up and stop thinking that once they sell you a phone THEY still own it, I strongly believe their mobile OS is now the worst in the industry, dead last, tell me about that so-called user experience as it takes me 5 steps to change a simple setting, or missing text messages because they still haven't added a proper status notification, or how I am forced to stop what I'm doing to reply to a text and then go back to what I was doing by having to repeatedly hit the overused and worn out home button. It's pretty bad when Blackberry has a new mobile OS that makes Apple's look like something out of the 90's, it's almost like if Microsoft had never updated Windows since the 95 days, but added a few small incremental tweaks over the years.

So the iPhone 5s and iOS 7 will have to be revolutionary once again, or as much I don't like to, no more iPhones for me.
    return_0 likes this.
    04-09-2013 06:40 PM
    I'm getting closer everyday to saying no, the ancient, cluttered, non-user friendliness of the OS is just too much. The persistent battery issue's, freezes that require full restores (where even my backup somehow vanished and I lost literally years of various data) has me wondering if all the so-called problems with Android is nothing but BS. I'm tired of waiting for Apple to step out of 2007 when they never will, the only real problems I had when I had a Galaxy was it's build quality, and various minor issue's with android 4.0. All those issue's are gone with the HTC One which is aluminum like the iPhone, not a flimsy plastic toy like Samsung phones, it has a large battery, a super high dpi screen, and Jellybean.

Apple needs to wake up and stop thinking that once they sell you a phone THEY still own it, I strongly believe their mobile OS is now the worst in the industry, dead last, tell me about that so-called user experience as it takes me 5 steps to change a simple setting, or missing text messages because they still haven't added a proper status notification, or how I am forced to stop what I'm doing to reply to a text and then go back to what I was doing by having to repeatedly hit the overused and worn out home button. It's pretty bad when Blackberry has a new mobile OS that makes Apple's look like something out of the 90's, it's almost like if Microsoft had never updated Windows since the 95 days, but added a few small incremental tweaks over the years.

So the iPhone 5s and iOS 7 will have to be revolutionary once again, or as much I don't like to, no more iPhones for me.
    No really.....tell me how you really feel?

Sent from my game boy color
    04-09-2013 11:50 PM
    Outlook is uncertain.

I've remained with iOS for the past 2 or 3 years while dabbling in and out of it before that. One of the main reasons I've stuck with iOS has been the jailbreak community. Over the past couple generations of iPhones the jailbreak have been much further and farther between as they have gone on. It's almost to the point where the lifespan of the phone (for me 1 year) is spent more with stock iOS rather than with the jailbreak.

While I am content with stock iOS it's definitely not my stock OS of choice. So either I need some rather large changes with iOS 7 or the jailbreak community to have them out quicker. And it's not like I blame them for taking so long, I understand that what they do is becoming increasingly harder and more complex. I really wish that Apple would pay more attention as to why so many people are jailbreaking and what tweaks they are using (implementing something like biteSMS would be monumental to me).

A couple other reasons why I've stuck with iOS is the app development and iTunes. App development has always been a little better and quicker on iOS. More apps, more well built apps, and just an overall better experience on apps.
    I honestly don't use iTunes all that much to buy music, but I have deepened my roots into iOS with having bought some songs, movies, and books through it. Also I've ripped every CD into ALAC for highest quality possible, so it's not like I'm really wanting to convert them all to FLAC.

I'm gonna test out the HTC One, but I'm still keeping on eye on the next iteration of iOS and the iPhone.
    redbeard and _YoKolorMeBadd like this.
    04-10-2013 01:31 AM
    I've had and Iphone from day one 2007, now have iPhone 5. Which I'm very disappoint in. I'm on my third replacement. The Apple two year care plan went up from $69.00 to $100.00. Also have and IPad and IHome Wife had IPhone 4S. I was surprise to find I can no longer play videos or pictures on my flat screen. With my IPhone 5. We have 30 Pontiac adpt just about in every room. It sucks having the lighting adpt. Even after buying the $30.00 mini adpt which I have to carry around in my pocket. Stil can't play my IPhone 5 on my flat screen. I definitely won't be buying the next Iphone. Still having problems with this one. Also lost allot of stuff after having them send me my thrid replacement.
    04-10-2013 03:34 PM
    I'm looking at the HTC one, only thing that would make me even consider another IPhone is a bigger screen.
    04-10-2013 03:37 PM
    One other thing, none of this stuff like Sri works all that great. It seems Apple now is no better then what's out there. Apple really needs to fix what they have. Rather then coming out with more new stuff that doesn't work. I know allot of people who have bought IPhones over the years and their all saying the same thing.
    04-10-2013 03:43 PM
    How likely am I to buy another iPhone? I am all but absolutely certain that I will replace my current iPhone with newer iPhone at some point in the future. How's that?....
    04-10-2013 03:57 PM
    I will buy another iPhone as long as the screen is bigger, if not I'll keep
    my 5. I went from the 3GS to 3 days with the Note 2, then went back to IOS.
    IOS, in my opinion, has the BEST selection of movies and TV shows, via iTunes and
    Amazon Instant Video. Google Play had a lousy selection, and no native Amazon app for Android.
    04-10-2013 04:24 PM

You'll certainly be switching platforms then.

Apple did create this expectation of "revolutionary" but let's look at this for what it is. How revolutionary can the hardware be?
    The reason, in my opinion, of why iOS 6 was a lackadaisical update as compared to iOS 5 is because iOS 5 really went
    under the hood. Apple put more time and energy into ridding themselves of the Google lenience on iOS for iOS 6. I expect
    some kind of jump like we did from iOS 4 to iOS 5 this time around. But nothing "revolutionary."
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-10-2013 04:28 PM
    It's almost a sure thing that I'll upgrade to the 5s/6 when it's released. The only other phone that I would consider would be the Z10.
    04-10-2013 11:37 PM
    I'm in for the bigger iphone 6 next year. The iphone 5 remains the best phone for me this year. Short of a retina Mini which isn't likely, I doubt I buy anything else mobile related this year. I might upgrade the 5+ years old desktop instead.
    04-11-2013 06:56 AM
    I'm a serial upgrader. Completely addicted to iPhones. I may skip the 5S if it turns out that it's much like the 4 --> 4S in terms of upgrades. But, I love me my iPhones. It's not like I haven't tried Android either. Picked up the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy S3. Hate the ecosystem and dislike Android's feel in general. Besides, when you have a Mac and an iPad, it really doesn't make sense to go Android on the phone.
    04-11-2013 10:40 AM
    I have tried just about every phone. You name it, and I have had it! Yet, I always return to the iPhone. Nothing can touch it!
    Same here! iPhone is the best. Yeah the Samsung galaxy phones have a lot more features but do we really need all those features. Half of them I never used. And every time I had an android phone, they were good at the beginning but then something would happen where the phone would act up
    04-11-2013 11:50 AM
    Not very likely. I didn't buy this one, I primarily use the Nexus 4. Being attacked on this forum so much though about android I switch out the SIM card from time to time just to make sure I'm not crazy that android is far more customizable and user friendly for me. Amazing screen and form factor though. I've always loved that about the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    return_0 likes this.
    04-11-2013 03:21 PM
    Amongst other things, a big buying feature was the larger screen.

I'll be buying the next gen iPhone. In January I purchased my first Mac (iMac) and I currently have an iPad 3rd gen, Apple TV 3rd gen, so for me I like the eco system that these devices give me and the features, apps, and experience I get from them.
    04-11-2013 04:37 PM
    When you bought the iPhone 5, had you already decided that you were going to buy it before it came out, or did you get persuaded into buying it?
    Once it was confirmed it was 4G LTE, I knew I had to get it for my mom so she could enjoy the speed.

What was the one thing that made you decide to buy an iPhone 5?
    4G LTE. It is amazingly fast. I can watch TV on my phone!!!!

How likely are you to invest in future Apple products, which ones interest you the most?
    Getting my mom an iPad for mother's day!

Would you only buy in a new product category or would you refresh?
    Will be getting my mom and iPhone 5s when it comes out.

Why do you need to upgrade next year, or actually this year? Are you counting on an iPhone 5s?
    It is cost effective to upgrade because iPhones hold their value well.
    04-11-2013 06:11 PM
    Now that I got my replacement iPhone with a working power button. I will definitely get a future model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-2013 06:43 PM
    Pretty likely probably replace my note 2 with the gs4 or the Htc one and pick up the next iphone as well
    04-11-2013 10:07 PM
    I'm currently due for an upgrade and I'm debating on purchasing the iPhone 5... or hold off until the next one comes out. Should I?? I wouldn't even consider going to a different device. I love my Apple <3
    04-13-2013 05:31 PM
    I'll just sell my i5 with AC+ and all the accessories and pay full price for the next. It's how I've done it in the past and it keeps me contract free and comes out to be a bit less or equal to a full UG price.
    04-13-2013 05:38 PM
    I'm currently due for an upgrade and I'm debating on purchasing the iPhone 5... or hold off until the next one comes out. Should I?? I wouldn't even consider going to a different device. I love my Apple <3
    If your current phone is working well, I would hold out for the next iPhone.
    04-13-2013 11:00 PM
    With my apple's ecosystem and my iPad, I'm 100% sure of getting another iPhone.
    04-14-2013 01:58 AM
152 12345 ...