How likely are you to buy another iPhone?

Likeliness of buying another iPhone

• Yes

Votes: 70 64.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters

john9648uk

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I replaced my iphone 4 with the new iphone 5 when it came out. My main concern is dropped calls, and very poor battery life. It never lasts one day - and I mean a 12 hour day, not 24! I also had an issue with the camera where the display showed multi-coloured lines streaking across the screen. I took it back to the Apple shop and they replaced the phone. Now the replacement is starting to do the same thing. I have worked out why this is ... I have a battery case, purchased in Hong Kong, which I use with the phone. To remove the phone from the case I have to lever it out with a penknife blade. The iphone 5 has a metal back which is not as strong as the glass one in the previous model, and as a result the phone bends slightly while being removed. Needless to say I don't use this accessory any more.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I replaced my iphone 4 with the new iphone 5 when it came out. My main concern is dropped calls, and very poor battery life. It never lasts one day - and I mean a 12 hour day, not 24! I also had an issue with the camera where the display showed multi-coloured lines streaking across the screen. I took it back to the Apple shop and they replaced the phone. Now the replacement is starting to do the same thing. I have worked out why this is ... I have a battery case, purchased in Hong Kong, which I use with the phone. To remove the phone from the case I have to lever it out with a penknife blade. The iphone 5 has a metal back which is not as strong as the glass one in the previous model, and as a result the phone bends slightly while being removed. Needless to say I don't use this accessory any more.

Having stated all of that, how likely are you to buy another "iPhone"?....:)

trevorcaudill

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the improvements ios7 will bring to the next iPhone. I was originally allured to the phone based off purely aesthetic reasons and the simplicity. I still seek the simplicity that makes it unique, but wish to see improved core features. The mail application feels severely outdated for example, and skeuomorphism is losing its' novelty.

No_G

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I will certainly continue to stay with the Apple Ecosystem. iPhone 5, iPad Mini and 3rd gen, mb pro, apple tv, work iPhone 4s. The other options just don't do what matters to me well.

john9648uk

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Well it depends what alternatives are available when I break or lose the iphone 5 or become even more frustrated by the short battery life.

jtan99

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I love my iPhone 5 too, but I'll wait and see what the next one is like. If there aren't a lot of beneficial improvements, I'll probably hold off, or try something new

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the 4s,and can upgrade now......but I want to see what comes next. My 4s works just fine so I can wait a little while. Come on Apple give us a bigger screen. :eek:
So to answer your ? Yes!:cool:

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple has its hooks in me as of right now and I am firmly entrenched in its ecosystem so I won't be going anywhere else for the foreseeable future. I'm not due for an upgrade until 6/14 so I have quite a bit of time before making my next purchase.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
When I saw the iPhone 5 I wasn't even going to upgrade because I thought I couldn't afford it, and plus I didn't have my upgrade until November of 2012. At the time my iPhone 4 was serving its purpose and I also didn't feel a need to buy a new phone. Fortunately, someone decided that they wanted to buy me a new phone for Christmas so I ended up extending my contract for another two years. I'm not upgrading to the iPhone 5s, because I don't feel a need to, and it'll only be a slight upgrade from the iPhone 5. IMO, it would be a waste of an upgrade and/or money for me. Now, when the iPhone 6 comes out, I may or may not be upgrading. Depends if my iPhone 5 is working fine or if it's struggling to do the things that I need or if it just looks horrible by that time.

vishhh

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Nothing beats iOS in its simplicity and usability I am using nexus 4 as well and in my view apple products our far more superior than any other make available today ...

The question of upgrade depends upon lot of factors

a. Major Hardware Upgrade
b. A new feature which is still not available on any other platforms
c. Pricing

Apple as always will come out something new which is not available on earlier models the question is how interesting and new feature that would be to entice people to go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have tried just about every phone. You name it, and I have had it! Yet, I always return to the iPhone. Nothing can touch it!

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
My family has one IPHONE 4S, one GS3 and one Z10. Each does what it needs to do for the users so we always start by making sure the device matches all the users top 10 needs. If iPhone 5s/6/7 does that, it will be purchased.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting closer everyday to saying no, the ancient, cluttered, non-user friendliness of the OS is just too much. The persistent battery issue's, freezes that require full restores (where even my backup somehow vanished and I lost literally years of various data) has me wondering if all the so-called problems with Android is nothing but BS. I'm tired of waiting for Apple to step out of 2007 when they never will, the only real problems I had when I had a Galaxy was it's build quality, and various minor issue's with android 4.0. All those issue's are gone with the HTC One which is aluminum like the iPhone, not a flimsy plastic toy like Samsung phones, it has a large battery, a super high dpi screen, and Jellybean.

Apple needs to wake up and stop thinking that once they sell you a phone THEY still own it, I strongly believe their mobile OS is now the worst in the industry, dead last, tell me about that so-called user experience as it takes me 5 steps to change a simple setting, or missing text messages because they still haven't added a proper status notification, or how I am forced to stop what I'm doing to reply to a text and then go back to what I was doing by having to repeatedly hit the overused and worn out home button. It's pretty bad when Blackberry has a new mobile OS that makes Apple's look like something out of the 90's, it's almost like if Microsoft had never updated Windows since the 95 days, but added a few small incremental tweaks over the years.

So the iPhone 5s and iOS 7 will have to be revolutionary once again, or as much I don't like to, no more iPhones for me.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting closer everyday to saying no, the ancient, cluttered, non-user friendliness of the OS is just too much. The persistent battery issue's, freezes that require full restores (where even my backup somehow vanished and I lost literally years of various data) has me wondering if all the so-called problems with Android is nothing but BS. I'm tired of waiting for Apple to step out of 2007 when they never will, the only real problems I had when I had a Galaxy was it's build quality, and various minor issue's with android 4.0. All those issue's are gone with the HTC One which is aluminum like the iPhone, not a flimsy plastic toy like Samsung phones, it has a large battery, a super high dpi screen, and Jellybean.

Apple needs to wake up and stop thinking that once they sell you a phone THEY still own it, I strongly believe their mobile OS is now the worst in the industry, dead last, tell me about that so-called user experience as it takes me 5 steps to change a simple setting, or missing text messages because they still haven't added a proper status notification, or how I am forced to stop what I'm doing to reply to a text and then go back to what I was doing by having to repeatedly hit the overused and worn out home button. It's pretty bad when Blackberry has a new mobile OS that makes Apple's look like something out of the 90's, it's almost like if Microsoft had never updated Windows since the 95 days, but added a few small incremental tweaks over the years.

So the iPhone 5s and iOS 7 will have to be revolutionary once again, or as much I don't like to, no more iPhones for me.

No really.....tell me how you really feel?

Sent from my game boy color

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Outlook is uncertain.

I've remained with iOS for the past 2 or 3 years while dabbling in and out of it before that. One of the main reasons I've stuck with iOS has been the jailbreak community. Over the past couple generations of iPhones the jailbreak have been much further and farther between as they have gone on. It's almost to the point where the lifespan of the phone (for me 1 year) is spent more with stock iOS rather than with the jailbreak.

While I am content with stock iOS it's definitely not my stock OS of choice. So either I need some rather large changes with iOS 7 or the jailbreak community to have them out quicker. And it's not like I blame them for taking so long, I understand that what they do is becoming increasingly harder and more complex. I really wish that Apple would pay more attention as to why so many people are jailbreaking and what tweaks they are using (implementing something like biteSMS would be monumental to me).

A couple other reasons why I've stuck with iOS is the app development and iTunes. App development has always been a little better and quicker on iOS. More apps, more well built apps, and just an overall better experience on apps.
I honestly don't use iTunes all that much to buy music, but I have deepened my roots into iOS with having bought some songs, movies, and books through it. Also I've ripped every CD into ALAC for highest quality possible, so it's not like I'm really wanting to convert them all to FLAC.

I'm gonna test out the HTC One, but I'm still keeping on eye on the next iteration of iOS and the iPhone.

Louis Gaccione

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had and Iphone from day one 2007, now have iPhone 5. Which I'm very disappoint in. I'm on my third replacement. The Apple two year care plan went up from $69.00 to $100.00. Also have and IPad and IHome Wife had IPhone 4S. I was surprise to find I can no longer play videos or pictures on my flat screen. With my IPhone 5. We have 30 Pontiac adpt just about in every room. It sucks having the lighting adpt. Even after buying the $30.00 mini adpt which I have to carry around in my pocket. Stil can't play my IPhone 5 on my flat screen. I definitely won't be buying the next Iphone. Still having problems with this one. Also lost allot of stuff after having them send me my thrid replacement.

Louis Gaccione

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
One other thing, none of this stuff like Sri works all that great. It seems Apple now is no better then what's out there. Apple really needs to fix what they have. Rather then coming out with more new stuff that doesn't work. I know allot of people who have bought IPhones over the years and their all saying the same thing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How likely am I to buy another iPhone? I am all but absolutely certain that I will replace my current iPhone with newer iPhone at some point in the future. How's that?....:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77