Both XBOX1 and PS4 are recently new and still need to polishing and content compare to their previous generation. But comparing between both, I dont think there is a right or wrong here, it all depends on what you want. For what I have seen hard core gamers prefer the PS4, but the XBox seems to be a more complete entertainment package. For me, I prefer a more complete package for entertainment at home so I am looking to get the XBox in this holiday season.
    I don't consider a year "recent"...but both systems still need quite a bit of polish. Over this year, both systems have received decent usage, but I can admit that I have played my Xbox 360 MORE than either of them simply for GTA 5. Today we got to see a few major holiday release titles...I bought both Halo: MCC and Assassins Creed Unity, so we'll see after a couple of weeks what we're working with now on the next gen systems.
    mightysnake likes this.
    11-11-2014 11:07 PM
    I have seen this questions many times and my answer is the same. Do you want a console to play games only or do you want a living room entertainment system? If you are pure gamer, PS4 may be better choice, otherwise, say, you want to play with your family, you should consider XBO. That's what I think of the two consoles.
    04-27-2015 10:41 AM
    I have seen this questions many times and my answer is the same. Do you want a console to play games only or do you want a living room entertainment system? If you are pure gamer, PS4 may be better choice, otherwise, say, you want to play with your family, you should consider XBO. That's what I think of the two consoles.
    Curious why you think the PS4 is better for the "pure gamer"?
    04-27-2015 03:23 PM
    Curious why you think the PS4 is better for the "pure gamer"?
    I will give some examples which represent my very personal opinion. 1. ign has a chart that tells PS4 has more games than XB1 (I can't use link so you need to google it if you want to see it). 2. PS4 games can run at 1080p while XB1 only at 900p (unless you don't care the resolution gap) 3. If you own a Farcry 4 copy, you friend can play with you online and he doesn't have to own one (just an example of PS4's gamer friendly policy.)
    Last edited by mightysnake; 04-28-2015 at 06:48 AM.
    kingloui26 likes this.
    04-28-2015 02:15 AM
    My choice is PS4. When compared with Xbox One you can buy PS4.
    04-28-2015 08:14 AM
    I will give some examples which represent my very personal opinion. 1. ign has a chart that tells PS4 has more games than XB1 (I can't use link so you need to google it if you want to see it). 2. PS4 games can run at 1080p while XB1 only at 900p (unless you don't care the resolution gap) 3. If you own a Farcry 4 copy, you friend can play with you online and he doesn't have to own one (just an example of PS4's gamer friendly policy.)
    1.) Not sure where you got your info, but Xbox One has more games than PS4...PS4 sitting around 180 and Xbox One closing in on 200.

2.) Xbox One can natively run certain games in 1080p as well, sometimes at 30fps, some at 60fps. Is it true that there are games running at 900p? Absolutely, but there are also games on the PS4 that only run at 720p...so it's not like it's an isolated "problem" on the Xbox One, and most times, it's up to the developer to decide which native resolution their game runs at so they can achieve the FPS they are striving for in light of efficiency.

3.) The game you friend can play with you on Farcry 4 is a trial version of a tiny piece of the game (almost like a demo)...I know, I have it and have done it. You get a few tokens to send to friends, and they can play a part of one of the levels with you online without owning it, and then when you finish that part, it gives them the option to buy it. I'd hardly call that a contributing factor to the idea of "gamer friendly" standards, considering Xbox One has a slew of Xbox specific games that allow for multiplayer demoing with friends who own it (including NBA 2k15, Madden, Halo 5's beta and the coming final release, etc).
    kazp3r17 likes this.
    04-29-2015 08:12 PM
    I've never used the XBox before and never been interested in switching from PlayStation
    Maybe one day but based on bias remarks lol I'd choose the PlayStation 4.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    04-29-2015 08:53 PM
    I think Xbox has more of the good games. But it all depends on your gaming style.
    04-29-2015 08:56 PM
    1.) Not sure where you got your info, but Xbox One has more games than PS4...PS4 sitting around 180 and Xbox One closing in on 200.

2.) Xbox One can natively run certain games in 1080p as well, sometimes at 30fps, some at 60fps. Is it true that there are games running at 900p? Absolutely, but there are also games on the PS4 that only run at 720p...so it's not like it's an isolated "problem" on the Xbox One, and most times, it's up to the developer to decide which native resolution their game runs at so they can achieve the FPS they are striving for in light of efficiency.

3.) The game you friend can play with you on Farcry 4 is a trial version of a tiny piece of the game (almost like a demo)...I know, I have it and have done it. You get a few tokens to send to friends, and they can play a part of one of the levels with you online without owning it, and then when you finish that part, it gives them the option to buy it. I'd hardly call that a contributing factor to the idea of "gamer friendly" standards, considering Xbox One has a slew of Xbox specific games that allow for multiplayer demoing with friends who own it (including NBA 2k15, Madden, Halo 5's beta and the coming final release, etc).
    1.) I actually meant the number of AAA games.
    2.) I don't know what games run on PS4 at 720p and on XB1 at 1080p. I know that MGS5: 720p on XB1, 1080p on PS4; Battlefield Hardline: 720p on Xb1, 900p on PS4; The Witcher 3: 900p for Xbox One, 1080p for PS4.
    3.) Alright I guess PS4 and XB1 is the same.
    kingloui26 likes this.
    04-30-2015 04:17 AM
    Absolutely, but there are also games on the PS4 that only run at 720p...
    Really? Can you name a few? Just for ****s and giggles of course.
    04-30-2015 08:26 AM
    1.) I actually meant the number of AAA games.
    2.) I don't know what games run on PS4 at 720p and on XB1 at 1080p. I know that MGS5: 720p on XB1, 1080p on PS4; Battlefield Hardline: 720p on Xb1, 900p on PS4; The Witcher 3: 900p for Xbox One, 1080p for PS4.
    3.) Alright I guess PS4 and XB1 is the same.
    TLR: Some just like to argue. Choose based on game availability if that's most important to you.

It is well known that ps4 caters more to hard core gamer and xbox tries to provide a wider array of services beyond gamers in addition to gaming. Your discussion is exactly in line with what the companies are striving for. It's also just a matter of personal preference. Each does an array of different things fairly well.

Don't let anyone on a forum confuse their opinion with 'facts'.

It's like someone saying 'should i choose android over apple because i like to customize to the max?' There is a wide spectrum of opinion there but one's own preference wins out.

I say take a look at the games you are looking for first to choose the console, then other features and ignore splitting hairs with those that clearly were offended by the premise of this discussion - which is in line with the goals of the consoles themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-30-2015 08:32 AM
    Don't let anyone on a forum confuse their opinion with 'facts'.
    I certainly hope you're not implying that is what I'm doing...I personally think the idea of a "better" system is silly in this day and age of video game consoles. The better system boils down to personal preference, and that is it. I own both...I don't think either is better than the other. Like arguing which phone is better...or computer or whatever...it's all a personal preference.

I was responding to the post above because there were some things that stood out as inaccurate. It's not about arguing, it's about correcting inaccuracies.

Really? Can you name a few? Just for ****s and giggles of course.
    Trine
    Battlefield 4 (original release...a patch adjusted resolution and the game started running at 900p upscaled to 1080p)
    Final Fantasy XIV
    inFamous Second Son (though it had a 1080p option, running it on 720p gave you 60fps)

...let me clarify for the umpteenth time that I own both systems and do not feel either is better than the other, I just wanted to dispose of some false information provided earlier...the PS4 runs natively at 1080p MOST times, but does have some games that run lower...and the Xbox One can also natively run in 1080p, but a lot of games on it are in 900p with upscaling.

Truth be told, the resolution matters less than the fps in my opinion. I'd rather run a game at 720p with 60fps than 1080p and 30fps. That's just me though...I can do without some shadow details and lighting elements if I can get a smoother overall look and feel from higher frames per second.
    04-30-2015 04:22 PM
    I certainly hope you're not implying that is what I'm doing...I personally think the idea of a "better" system is silly in this day and age of video game consoles. The better system boils down to personal preference, and that is it. I own both...I don't think either is better than the other. Like arguing which phone is better...or computer or whatever...it's all a personal preference.

I was responding to the post above because there were some things that stood out as inaccurate. It's not about arguing, it's about correcting inaccuracies.

Trine
    Battlefield 4 (original release...a patch adjusted resolution and the game started running at 900p upscaled to 1080p)
    Final Fantasy XIV
    inFamous Second Son (though it had a 1080p option, running it on 720p gave you 60fps)

...let me clarify for the umpteenth time that I own both systems and do not feel either is better than the other, I just wanted to dispose of some false information provided earlier...the PS4 runs natively at 1080p MOST times, but does have some games that run lower...and the Xbox One can also natively run in 1080p, but a lot of games on it are in 900p with upscaling.

Truth be told, the resolution matters less than the fps in my opinion. I'd rather run a game at 720p with 60fps than 1080p and 30fps. That's just me though...I can do without some shadow details and lighting elements if I can get a smoother overall look and feel from higher frames per second.
    It sounds like we agree quite a bit. This thread looked like bickering over opinions at first read. My bad i guess.

04-30-2015 06:15 PM
    It sounds like we agree quite a bit. This thread looked like bickering over opinions at first read. My bad i guess.

I promise I would never label either of these systems as "best", because neither of them are...to be 100% honest, if there was a best system based on quality titles, entertainment value, development/technology application and overall system UI/reliability, I think it would be the Wii U, with the huge exception that their online multiplayer restrictions are MAJOR restrictions (IE: no in game chat, which is simply baffling to me in this day and age). Also, I'm probably biased towards it because that was the king of systems when I was growing up in the 80's, and the franchises that I loved as a kid in the new world are just so much fun to me.
    04-30-2015 11:34 PM
    The kids really want the Wii U. Going to have to wait for Christmas. They ask about games only available on it all the time. 'They don't have that on xbox?'

05-01-2015 10:45 AM
    This gen I opted for PS4, had Xbox 360 last gen though.
    05-18-2015 04:20 PM
    Like one of my favorite youtuber says Ps4 is the better console as of right now it has better exclusives and its main focus is on the best gaming experience you can get on a console. If your a fan of everything else and gaming second than Xbox is the way to go. I feel like Microsoft decided to appeal to a different crowd besides us gamers so they made a multimedia console, don't get me wrong it's great for multimedia but if you looking for the best gaming experience you can get on a console go for ps4
    05-18-2015 05:05 PM
    Like one of my favorite youtuber says Ps4 is the better console as of right now it has better exclusives and its main focus is on the best gaming experience you can get on a console. If your a fan of everything else and gaming second than Xbox is the way to go. I feel like Microsoft decided to appeal to a different crowd besides us gamers so they made a multimedia console, don't get me wrong it's great for multimedia but if you looking for the best gaming experience you can get on a console go for ps4
    Completely subjective and opinionated. The better console relies heavily on which games you prefer...if I'm a huge Halo fan, I'm not going to be satisfied totally with a PS4, and vice versa, if I'm a huge Uncharted fan, I won't find that enjoyment on XB1. We could go on for days on both sides of the fence in that regard, which ultimately does not lend itself to a good criteria for picking a "better" system.

It's like picking a better type of food. It's almost a silly question from the get go because it ends up boiling down to personal preferences, which negates any legitimate ultimate better/worse answer.

Truth be told, I don't really feel the Xbox One's multimedia functionality is all that deserving of praise as a stand alone "feature"...it doesn't work all that well, and the UI lags like crazy when running any kind of satellite or digital cable through it.
    05-18-2015 10:45 PM
    Finally gave in, fianc convinced me & purchased a PS4 & GTA 5. Not really a gamer, she is. So far this thing is pretty sweet though.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    05-19-2015 01:47 AM
    Enjoy your console man you made the right purchase
    05-19-2015 02:37 AM
    Why must you always reply to my comments? ���� dude get a life by you commenting on my comments makes you completely subjective and opinionated. You can say whatever you want but the ps4 is a better gaming console than the Xbox one and that's a fact buddy
    Fact you say? Where? Do you have a scientific study, with verified and quantifiable results, along with a repeatable method? No? Oh, then you don't have a "fact", you have an opinion.
    Some of us reply to nonsense posts like this just to point out the nonsense. Spreading lies and falsehoods helps no one in the community.

As for the OP, glad you made a choice, and I very much hope you enjoy it.
    05-19-2015 02:52 AM
    Love my PS4 and couldn't live without some of the Playstation exclusives like Uncharted so that's how I made my choice
    05-19-2015 04:46 AM
    Great choice did you get The last of us? And are you getting the witcher 3
    05-19-2015 09:52 AM
    Why must you always reply to my comments? ���� dude get a life by you commenting on my comments makes you completely subjective and opinionated. You can say whatever you want but the ps4 is a better gaming console than the Xbox one and that's a fact buddy
    The only fact here is that you don't know how to present your ideas without sounding like a neanderthal, which isn't really surprising, since you can't distinguish between fact and opinion.

You can put whatever links you want, none of them are going to define a "better" system for any one person. This is something you don't understand (clearly since your other forum temper tantrum came when you called iOS the "better" operating system in comparison with Android). Your opinion means jack squat in the overall scheme of things.

Lastly, I think I'll stick with the life I have...it affords me to be able to enjoy both systems without having to pick and choose which one to be blindly loyal to...or resort to personal attacks (like calling someone "bish", lol...nice command of the english language btw).
    05-19-2015 10:12 AM
    It is a fact! The ps4 has better hardware get over it troll!!! You guys are ridiculous do I have to put in links to show you or is that just an opinion as well????

Calm down and no reason to involve language in your posts. Yes by passing language filter in not taken lightly.
    05-19-2015 10:14 AM
105 1234 ...