Set Facebook Messenger Tone as SMS tone

Andy C2

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know what the name of the Facebook Messenger Tone is? I want to download it online and set it as my SMS tone. I really like it!! Thanks!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know what the name of the Facebook Messenger Tone is? I want to download it online and set it as my SMS tone. I really like it!! Thanks!!

My FB Messenger notification tone is a short "ding" sound. I don't see where it can be changed on the iPhone. It's just one "ding", so it's hard to tell which alert sound it is. For me anyway.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
There are few softwares to create a ringtone. Create one or you can even use iTunes to create a ringtone. Then if you connect ur phone to iTines just copy the Facebook tone you downloaded here into ur ringtones

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone knows how to change the tone?
You can't change the Facebook/Facebook Messenger alert tone on the iPhone. Android phones have the option in Facebook Messenger settings to change the tone. I have no idea why it's that way. My guess is the tone comes from Facebook and not Apple. So Apple is not going to allow tone options.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
You can't change the Facebook/Facebook Messenger alert tone on the iPhone. Android phones have the option in Facebook Messenger settings to change the tone. I have no idea why it's that way. My guess is the tone comes from Facebook and not Apple. So Apple is not going to allow tone options.

No I don't think he talking about changing the Facebook tone. He wanted to use the notification tone of Facebook as his iMessage or message alert tone. In other words, he wanted that Facebook notification tone and set it as his message alert tone
7ubupe3a.jpg
anugurym.jpg

As in the picture attached if I'm right?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No I don't think he talking about changing the Facebook tone. He wanted to use the notification tone of Facebook as his iMessage or message alert tone. In other words, he wanted that Facebook notification tone and set it as his message alert tone http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/16/7ubupe3a.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/16/anugurym.jpg
As in the picture attached if I'm right?

I don't have that FB Messenger 1 text tone in my list. And I was responding to June 1978, not the OP.

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

I might be wrong, but since OP mentioned Facebook Messenger they mean the iPhone app, right? Now, I played sounds 1, 3 and 4, and none of them sounded like the high-pitched, thin, ding sound that comes from a Messenger notif (wasn't able to play 2, idk why). In case number 2 is the correct sound, just ignore the rest of my post.

I did find the sound they requested, it's inside /var/mobile/Applications/Messenger/Messenger.app/3.wav, but wasn't able to upload it because I don't think it's even possible to upload tones from iPhones to iMore. Anyone else wanna give it a shot?

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I might be wrong, but since OP mentioned Facebook Messenger they mean the iPhone app, right? Now, I played sounds 1, 3 and 4, and none of them sounded like the high-pitched, thin, ding sound that comes from a Messenger notif (wasn't able to play 2, idk why). In case number 2 is the correct sound, just ignore the rest of my post.

I did find the sound they requested, it's inside /var/mobile/Applications/Messenger/Messenger.app/3.wav, but wasn't able to upload it because I don't think it's even possible to upload tones from iPhones to iMore. Anyone else wanna give it a shot?

Yeah buh it's wav so still gotta convert to mp3 though before right?

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I think this is the Ding sound OP was looking for?

To OP: To use this (or any of the other .m4r files) as a tone:

1. Open the file in iTunes and play it once
2. Connect your iDevice to iTunes
3. In the sync screen, go to the "Tones" tab
4. Check mark the option "selected tones"
5. Check mark whatever tone you want to sync
6. Apply and sync

Now you should find the tone in your iDevice under Settings > Sounds

Attachments

• MessengerDing.m4r
    18.7 KB · Views: 186

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

6. Apply and sync

Yeah exactly what I was looking for either

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

6. Apply and sync

Great job! THAT'S IT! :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online