How much can a developer charge for an iPhone app like Twitterrific?

I want to know this because I need such an application with the same functionality for a new community website. I can do Ruby but have no experience with Objective-C. So it would be interesting for me if I should start reading books about iPhone programming or outsource the work to a iPhone programmer.
    05-01-2013 06:09 AM
    Something as polished as Twitterific would be pricy. Part of the cost would be whether you already have a backend set up (RESTful web services, etc). You'd also need design work done which may or may not be the same person. While I have no knowledge of the development costs for Twitterific, I would guess they've put a few hundred thousand into it.
    05-01-2013 07:33 AM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/c...mUvbUpU2018194

Although from the bar of advertisements in the signature to your post, I get the impression you already have an idea as to the answer of your question.
    05-01-2013 07:00 PM
    It depends on you, how you hire them. If you hire them on the hourly basis, then you should pay by hours, if you hire weekly of monthly basis, then you should pay according to that...
    05-06-2013 01:10 AM
    Noone will anwer you question for sure, as there different schemes of payments and development (time-and-material, fixed price, dedicated team). But I don't think that Twitterrific-like app will be very pricy as the technologies of such app development as well known.
    05-07-2013 06:11 AM
    I can't respond for all devs, but a friend last month wanted to get her *very simple* app idea off the ground. It just needed a single page designed + logo and push notifications, something an experienced iOS dev could put together over a weekend.

She was quoted $7-12K USD :/
    10-10-2014 12:26 AM
    With an elaborate structural plan for the developer you will be able to save a lot of money. The cost for a software project can easily be misjudged because many things can go wrong. You don't want to spend several thousand dollars just to find out that it is going nowhere. Even simple apps can be quite expensive.

There will always be overlooked bugs or you will have to make adaptions after a new iOS release, you should have some money on the side if something goes wrong.
    10-10-2014 12:02 PM