Info On iPhone MMS

db1408

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
I only speak from experience (employed by biggest Network in Europe) from outside the States.

The reason MMS wont work until the official launch or close to is that the tariffs that are used to run and provision the iPhones features lack inbuilt MMS. They never bothered with applying this feature till now as it costs money which didn't need to be spent as the previous models lacked his feature. They are working on it at the moment, but believe it or not, the mobile industry in terms of a network is slow to reform due to the grand scales they work on.

No matter how hard you try, an official iPhone user won't be able to use MMS till it is embedded as a usable feature in the tariff.

Just thought i'd let you all know incase your going out of your mind with confusion.

D

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Thanks for letting us know! On on the 3.0 devices I've seen from Rogers, they don't even have the MMS functionality surfaced in the beta. No camera icon to ad pictures, no send by MMS in most of the slide up menus, etc...

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I have it working, sending and receiving on O2. It seems to be coming out of my SMS tariff, ie 1 MMS = 4 SMS.
Below is an email i received from O2 customer service after I asked them to activate MMS, I have only edited out my and the reps names from the email;
Good Morning

Thanks for emailing us about activating MMS on your iPhone.

I've activated the MMS service on your account. You'll be pleased to know that if you're using 3.0 version of software in your iPhone, you'll be able to use MMS service on your iPhone after 24 hours.

I've hope you'll find this information useful.

Have a great day.

If you want to know more about your account or our products and services, please visit our website at:

h**p://w*w.o2.co.uk/iphone]iPhone - O2

Important - When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

Kind regards

O2 Customer Service

Getting your query right the first time you email us is very important to us. If your query has not been resolved this time, please reply to this email with the words 'Need More Help' in the subject field.

Telef?nica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.

@ Rene, you need to update the IPCC CArrier file to get the camera icon in the messages app. When i first ran 3.0 it wasn't there for me but after the IPCC update it appeared.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77