Do You Ever See The Carriers Going To A Faster Network Past 4G LTE?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As stated above, Will any of the carriers develop along with the Smart Phone companies a faster network speed over 4G LTE? If so how far off do you think this technology could be? The main reason in asking this is because of all the medical programs and apps that are being developed for future use and the speed needed to use them.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
LTE is faster than 4G. Some 4G networks are not true 4G. At any rate, I wonder about speed. Everything has already gotten really fast. There are some areas that could be sped up, such as movie downloads and such. But my iPhone 5 is pretty doggone fast on 4G, LTE and wifi. So I ask myself, "Why do I need faster?". Carriers pushing for faster is just marketing.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes Agreed LTE is but as I had restated in my original; post i ask thins because iPhone and Apple as a company has really gotten behind the Medical field and so have Medical companies and Developers to make the future friendly for diagnosing and treating illness or just check ups and more complicated illnesses right over our Smartphones as Dr. Phil has come out with an incredible app along with the the Show the Doctors, Now this may be the bottom of examples but it WILL be the wave of the future in Medicine which requires higher speeds above and over LTE. I think it is worth talking because the AMA this month is working hard towards these goals.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
As for use with medical tech, the faster the info can be transferred the better patient care. LTE is fast, but I can see them wanting to improve. If not to just to keep up with medical advancements. How far they can go, as long as tech keeps advancing, I think network speeds will also.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think they should work on network latency and responsiveness before working on faster speeds.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk