Purchasing Verizon iPhone 5S Off-Contract from Apple

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I have spoken to several people from Apple and got mixed answers, so I wanted to ask everyone here what their though on this is.

I am wanting to buy a Verizon iPhone 5S from Apple or Apple.com, off contract; meaning FULL retail price. The reason? Cause I know people will ask is to simply keep my unlimited data, if I buy at a subsidized price I have to switch to the "limited" share everything plan.

I asked people at Apple and some said I could and some said I couldn't at launch. Some associates kept getting confused and saying "Unlocked" phones are only going to be available for T-Mobile customers at launch. I reiterated I don't care if it's unlocked, I just want to buy full retail.

In regards to the associates who said I wouldn't be able to buy at full retail...why not?! It makes no sense. Especially if I'm buying directly from Apple. I mean I'm practically throwing my money at them!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread moved to the carrier discussion lounge for better exposure.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You should be fine .. Apple will sell it it's not a unlocked version if
You have Verizon and buying a Verizon model it's no diff then going in and using a upgrade if they have it they will sell it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll